THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Revival of Titanic Sinks

Frankly Rich
This topic is 3790 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It slowly became a popular show back in 1997, but the revival of Titanic cannot get afloat. Reason given is a lack of an available theater, but the pre-Broadway tryout in Toronto, which had a theater, is also canceled. The proper word, I guess, is postponed. We'll see about that.

It slowly became a popular show back in 1997, but the revival of Titanic cannot get afloat. Reason given is a lack of an available theater, but the pre-Broadway tryout in Toronto, which had a theater, is also canceled. The proper word, I guess, is postponed. We'll see about that.

Well, if the production, which has been talked about as being designated from Broadway for some time now, isn't going to happen this fall for whatever reason, it makes sense that the Toronto tryout wouldn't happen either.

There has also been some debate as to whether or not this production was going to be similar to (or the same as) a recent "chamber" production from London. Though that production seems to have gotten very good notices, I would hope that this mounting, if it indeed happens, will be bigger. Just the title of the show itself suggests a large-scale expectation, lol.

Not everyone loved the original production, but I was wowed by it (I got to NYC to see it just before it closed). I also saw the tour later on in Boston, and the solutions to cutting the technical aspects of the show down were ultimately very disappointing. Though there, the issue wasn't so much about doing the show on a smaller scale, rather, trying to replicate the basics of the original Broadway production without the ability for the multi-tiered set design, etc - and the solutions just didn't work. If this new production ever happens, I'll be curious to see how they approach the visual aspect.

(IMO the one truly false moment in the original production, even for fans of that production like myself, was the depiction of the ship hitting the iceberg. I wouldn't mind if the new production took a much different look at that moment, lol.)

Archived