THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Making a decision to end the perpetual cycle of text abuse...

This topic is 3788 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

tumblr_n5jf3xWtH41qk80xqo1_500.gif

The longer a thread goes on, the more likely the topic will change. One can bring it back on track simply by responding to the original topic. Sometimes a change in the topic is good, and that change might not have happened had the original thread not been posted. But it's not my job to post big red warnings if I think a thread is changing course. Perhaps the OP has that right, but I've always thought one loses control of a thread the minute he posts it.We have moderators who step in when something goes too far, and I am not a moderator.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... I've decided, that I will still offer the option of text. Instead of just blocking the feature outright, as my cell provider offered me...I decided I'll keep it (hey, it has it's benefits). But, it's no longer going to be free :cool: I've decided recently, that if a guest decides to use text to make an appointment, they'll have to make a 1-time, per appointment, donation to do so. And it has to be prepaid. The text is automatic. I've found peace and tranquility, using this method for me. It puts the text freaks right off. I'm not concerned about accidentally putting off genuine inquiries, because calls and emails are still complimentary. If they can't do either one, I've potentially saved myself a few gigabytes of back and forth texts that won't lead to anywhere. Took me a awhile to realize it, but almost all of the setbacks were coming from people using texts to communicate.

It was very hard for me to come to the decision to end texting. But, I should also mention, what I'm doing is still in the trial period...and really, it may end up being on a case by case basis (with regulars only). I may not implement this forever, but right now I feel I NEED to do it, because it's affecting my quality of life. In addition, it's not the texts that are the issue....but rather people's abuse of it that is the issue. Sort of like binge drinking, and window shopping. All horrible addictions.

Personally, I'm not planing to implement such policy, but I have a question for Joey: how are you going to enforce the rule and practically how are you going to collect the donation ahead of time?

Personally, I'm not planing to implement such policy, but I have a question for Joey: how are you going to enforce the rule and practically how are you going to collect the donation ahead of time?[/color]

OK, let's think of it like this. You know how hotels charge X amount of dollars to have pets in rooms? Say like, $10-$50? Well, you know how the really fancy hotels charge like $150 per pet/per night, and only if their under 25 pounds? Or, better yet...how hotels charge $250 for smoking? Basically...they don't WANT pets and they don't WANT smoking.

So, don't get too deep into the enforcing and collection of the donation. That I already know how to handle. Most (serious) people are going to say, "nah, I'll just call or email you". Or...they'll stop right there. That's the point.

Archived