THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Posting In This Forum

Frankly Rich
This topic is 3842 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As you guys might have noticed, the Comedy & Tragedy Forum, or the Theater forum, or the Arts forum, however you call it, has been the focus of my attention as a board poster. I love theater, dance, and music. Not much for opera, sorry.

But my point is to thank the other guys, you, who participate here. We have some really good contributions, especially with Cooper and Foxy attending shows almost every week. I have already complimented skynyc in another thread, and I look forward to reviews by shadowcatz when he visits New York.

Yet so many other voices have been heard here, from Charlie to whippedguy on opera, and WilliamM and sfwestcoaster, Cash4Trash- so many to try to name. I hope to hear more from you all as it's great fun for me to participate here, but it wouldn't be without you. If you think I post too much here, then I invite you to drown me out with posts of your own! :) I'd like that!

I feel very lucky that I'm able to see a lot of NY theater and really enjoy the reviews of a number of other guys who enjoy theater as much as I do. Frankly I trust these reviews more than the professional reviewers. I also hope many more people will add their thoughts to this forum.

Thanks Frankly!

I don't get down often, but live i the Boston area, where shows sometimes finish polishing up before hitting the big apple.

If you missed my comments on a different thread, run, do not walk, to "All the Way." I haven't seen the NY production, but the version here at the ART was mind-bogglingly good theater. The real proof in the pudding for me was that even though it was historically accurate (meaning that I knew in advance about everything that was going to happen) the combination of writing and acting literally kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire performance.

I just downloaded the TKTS app that another poster recommended .. here's hoping I manage to see some good stuff while I'm down there in a few weeks!

Surprisingly All The Way has been consistently listed on the tkts board. I paid $75 for a 5th row orchestra seat in the center. This is the kind of play that is exciting to sit close but no matter where you are Bryan Cranston gives a riveting performance. One of the best shows on Broadway I think.

I feel very lucky that I'm able to see a lot of NY theater and really enjoy the reviews of a number of other guys who enjoy theater as much as I do. Frankly I trust these reviews more than the professional reviewers.

So, I went last night to the dinner for the Hooville Weekend in Palm Springs, hosted by Oliver. I introduced myself as the new poster Frankly Rich and guess what? People didn't believe me!! "No," they said, "I saw it posted that you were Lucky." Surely they didn't mean this post, where the words "lucky" and "frankly" were just coincidentally and very accidentally used in the same sentence by foxy, who knows me well. But it didn't look like people believed me when I said that Lucky was retired.

Then it happened during dinner that Oliver wanted to introduce the greatest poster of all time, and I thought, "Oh, the game is over!" But, it turned out that he wasn't introducing the greatest poster ever, he was just introducing the founder of the Hooville Weekend. But, that, too, meant that I had to stand up and take a bow, so the retired Lucky got noticed by all as the new poster, Frankly Rich. No more secret left. I learned that I get outfoxed all the time, so why let it bother me? It was just a little joke anyway! :) Everyone was probably going to figure it out in due time. Now, I can go back to being Frankly Rich and let Lucky stay retired.

So, I went last night to the dinner for the Hooville Weekend in Palm Springs, hosted by Oliver. I introduced myself as the new poster Frankly Rich and guess what? People didn't believe me!! "No," they said, "I saw it posted that you were Lucky." Surely they didn't mean this post, where the words "lucky" and "frankly" were just coincidentally and very accidentally used in the same sentence by foxy, who knows me well. But it didn't look like people believed me when I said that Lucky was retired.

Then it happened during dinner that Oliver wanted to introduce the greatest poster of all time, and I thought, "Oh, the game is over!" But, it turned out that he wasn't introducing the greatest poster ever, he was just introducing the founder of the Hooville Weekend. But, that, too, meant that I had to stand up and take a bow, so the retired Lucky got noticed by all as the new poster, Frankly Rich. No more secret left. I learned that I get outfoxed all the time, so why let it bother me? It was just a little joke anyway! :) Everyone was probably going to figure it out in due time. Now, I can go back to being Frankly Rich and let Lucky stay retired.

LOL....smiling ear to ear. You have certainly made my day. Had I known that all of this would have happened at dinner, I would have made the three thousand mile trek to just be there for that moment. Sitting here on the opposite coast, I symbolically raise my glass and toast you sir. Perhaps you will be in DC next January. :)

Gee and I thought that you were either "frankly some rich guy" or possibly some one who was "frankly named Rich"...

I ultimately decided that you were really former New York Times columnist "Frank Rich" living out his alter ego!

I guess I was wrong!!!??? ;) Unless you are indeed rich or really Rich or both that is... Frankly speaking!

I had decided to take a break from this site, but looked in this afternoon for one very quick last time. I started to read Frankly Rich's post but decided it was too convoluted and moved on. Glad I gave the post a second shot. I do not feel comfortable here anymore, so it with be a long break. Nice to know you back though.

Archived