THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Spring Break in Fort Lauderdale

Jake
This topic is 3797 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Two years in a row now, I inadvertently booked a visit during Spring Break. Next year, I may mark my calendar. :) While it's great to visit the clubs during peak season, all the eye candy along the beach is an awesome bonus! There's my tip for you that you won't get from The Travel Channel.

My travel buddy and I spent 4 days in South Florida this past weekend. My usual disclaimer, we like twinks and muscle twinks, so for the gym rat lovers, keep that in mind.

JOHNNYS

Not much changes at Johnnys. Dancers are still primarily skinny and "expressive" (my favorite way of avoiding calling them queeny little bitches). There are a few of the straight'ish and skateboard street punk types mixed in to keep it interesting. The dancer roster was pretty solid this trip. Found plenty of guys to spread the 1s around on. Back room situation hasn't changed, still lots of privacy, no room monitors or house fees. The 2nd room has random props from pool tables and punching bag to karaoke and now a full size bed complete with sheets, pillows and covers. But the big benefit of the 2nd room is a lack of smoke stench. The standout from previous visits, Sawyer, is still there. However he's not a dancer anymore. Some nights he just walked around fully clothed. Others he was a shot boy. Not sure how well this helps him stock up his 401K, but it must work somehow because he was there pretty much every night. He's an All American jock boy look... blond, blue, tall, toned... just stunning. Unfortunately he's got the ego to match and now that he's been in the scene for a while, he's picked up that Johnny's catwalk as he prances around the room. I remember the first time seeing him. I assumed he was straight. Proof I should've kept my receipt on that gaydar. Another guy who caught my eye: Gavin, a 21ish Drake Bell looking skater twink with an amazing body... abs, defined chest... just a wild kid. Check out the newest posts on Instagram to see him - he's the one with the funky hat.

http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/9031276aa75711e387c90a4c7b013f6e_8.jpg

Speaking of social media, glad to see Johnny's is finally starting to realize the internet isn't just a fad. There was a guy there shooting video and photos with his iPhone. At one point they had all the dancers get on stage together (something they should do HOURLY! It was fun and hot!) to get some footage. You can see clips of that now on their IG page (you don't need Instagram to see it): http://instagram.com/ilovejohnnys They've also started to update their web site a little. Facebook however is usually just a non-stop stream of advertising flyers with stock images of dancers who don't look a thing like Johnnys dancers. For those who aren't so into the darker complexion, my friend did notice that were almost no black dancers this weekend, which for Johnnys is a bit odd.

Definitely an enjoyable time this weekend. Johnnys has had better rosters, but they've also had FAR worse. I'll go B+.

BOARDWALK

Formerly just our pregame ritual during Happy Hour, Boardwalk is now a true player with legit private dance rooms. Lots of familiar faces, but for our taste too few dancers who fit our wish list. Lots of muscle, only a few younger lean guys - and most of the ones they do have aren't rookies. It's been almost a year since our last trip together and the twinks at Boardwalk were all familiar to both of us. Our Saturday visit was made super special by a visit by the legend BVB. When he struts in, it's like the President walking in for the State of the Union. :)

Although a little imbalanced, the lineup ranged from Jimmy, the Lou Ferrigno looking guy who's gotta be pushing 50 to 21'ish Franky the tiny former Johnnys boy. Lots of mid to late 20 something guys around 180lbs. it's just not our type so we didn't stay long, but Boardwalk has still dramatically improved from a year ago. I'll go B-.

SWINGING RICHARDS

I'd yet to check out the new location. We did the short drive north on Andrews after leaving Boardwalk Saturday night around 9. The SR layout is consistent... one long stage. The other consistent: good looking muscular gym rats. Again, just not our type. But I do love how comfortable it is in the place. Not sure why Johnnys and Boardwalk can't somehow see the benefit of having cushy relaxing chairs and tables. It's so much classier and certainly gave us reason to extend our visit longer than we probably would have. There was one smaller dancer who definitely caught out eye: Anthony. I think he said he was from Peru... cute, about 22ish, about 150 pounds - defined but not muscular, wavy dark hair, great smile. A former dancer at SR told me Sunday that the place might be closing already. There was a decent crowd Saturday night with about 70% of the tables occupied. But there doesn't seem to be much energy in the place. It's something about the layout I guess. I'll do my grading on a curve since the dancers aren't my type and give the place a B-.

Other notes... hotel rates are crazy right now... of course going during Spring Break probably didn't help. We were able to score a room at the Sheraton Cypress Creek for $100 a night on Priceline. A great location if you're a Boardwalk/SR customer. Found a great new burgers and wings place: "Burgers and Suds." And one last tip, if you go this week or during Spring Break next year, put more than 2 hours on your parking meter. You'll need at least 4 to take in all the eye candy. :)

Two years in a row now, I inadvertently booked a visit during Spring Break. Next year, I may mark my calendar. :) While it's great to visit the clubs during peak season, all the eye candy along the beach is an awesome bonus! There's my tip for you that you won't get from The Travel Channel.

My travel buddy and I spent 4 days in South Florida this past weekend. My usual disclaimer, we like twinks and muscle twinks, so for the gym rat lovers, keep that in mind.

JOHNNYS

Not much changes at Johnnys. Dancers are still primarily skinny and "expressive" (my favorite way of avoiding calling them queeny little bitches). There are a few of the straight'ish and skateboard street punk types mixed in to keep it interesting. The dancer roster was pretty solid this trip. Found plenty of guys to spread the 1s around on. Back room situation hasn't changed, still lots of privacy, no room monitors or house fees. The 2nd room has random props from pool tables and punching bag to karaoke and now a full size bed complete with sheets, pillows and covers. But the big benefit of the 2nd room is a lack of smoke stench. The standout from previous visits, Sawyer, is still there. However he's not a dancer anymore. Some nights he just walked around fully clothed. Others he was a shot boy. Not sure how well this helps him stock up his 401K, but it must work somehow because he was there pretty much every night. He's an All American jock boy look... blond, blue, tall, toned... just stunning. Unfortunately he's got the ego to match and now that he's been in the scene for a while, he's picked up that Johnny's catwalk as he prances around the room. I remember the first time seeing him. I assumed he was straight. Proof I should've kept my receipt on that gaydar. Another guy who caught my eye: Gavin, a 21ish Drake Bell looking skater twink with an amazing body... abs, defined chest... just a wild kid. Check out the newest posts on Instagram to see him - he's the one with the funky hat.

Speaking of social media, glad to see Johnny's is finally starting to realize the internet isn't just a fad. There was a guy there shooting video and photos with his iPhone. At one point they had all the dancers get on stage together (something they should do HOURLY! It was fun and hot!) to get some footage. You can see clips of that now on their IG page (you don't need Instagram to see it): http://instagram.com/ilovejohnnys They've also started to update their web site a little. Facebook however is usually just a non-stop stream of advertising flyers with stock images of dancers who don't look a thing like Johnnys dancers. For those who aren't so into the darker complexion, my friend did notice that were almost no black dancers this weekend, which for Johnnys is a bit odd.

Definitely an enjoyable time this weekend. Johnnys has had better rosters, but they've also had FAR worse. I'll go B+.

BOARDWALK

Formerly just our pregame ritual during Happy Hour, Boardwalk is now a true player with legit private dance rooms. Lots of familiar faces, but for our taste too few dancers who fit our wish list. Lots of muscle, only a few younger lean guys - and most of the ones they do have aren't rookies. It's been almost a year since our last trip together and the twinks at Boardwalk were all familiar to both of us. Our Saturday visit was made super special by a visit by the legend BVB. When he struts in, it's like the President walking in for the State of the Union. :)

Although a little imbalanced, the lineup ranged from Jimmy, the Lou Ferrigno looking guy who's gotta be pushing 50 to 21'ish Franky the tiny former Johnnys boy. Lots of mid to late 20 something guys around 180lbs. it's just not our type so we didn't stay long, but Boardwalk has still dramatically improved from a year ago. I'll go B-.

SWINGING RICHARDS

I'd yet to check out the new location. We did the short drive north on Andrews after leaving Boardwalk Saturday night around 9. The SR layout is consistent... one long stage. The other consistent: good looking muscular gym rats. Again, just not our type. :) But I do love how comfortable it is in the place. Not sure why Johnnys and Boardwalk can't somehow see the benefit of having cushy relaxing chairs and tables. It's so much classier and certainly gave us reason to extend our visit longer than we probably would have. There was one smaller dancer who definitely caught out eye: Anthony. I think he said he was from Peru... cute, about 22ish, about 150 pounds - defined but not muscular, wavy dark hair, great smile. A former dancer at SR told me Sunday that the place might be closing already. There was a decent crowd Saturday night with about 70% of the tables occupied. But there doesn't seem to be much energy in the place. It's something about the layout I guess. I'll do my grading on a curve since the dancers aren't my type and give the place a B-.

Other notes... hotel rates are crazy right now... of course going during Spring Break probably didn't help. We were able to score a room at the Sheraton Cypress Creek for $100 a night on Priceline. A great location if you're a Boardwalk/SR customer. Found a great new burgers and wings place: "Burgers and Suds." And one last tip, if you go this week or during Spring Break next year, put more than 2 hours on your parking meter. You'll need at least 4 to take in all the eye candy. :)

You're killin me here...LMAO. Excellent analysis and summation, however, you failed to mention your escapades on Grindr...hhhhmmmm LOL

You're killin me here...LMAO. Excellent analysis and summation, however, you failed to mention your escapades on Grindr...hhhhmmmm LOL

heh heh... highly classified. :-P

But to those who are smart phone peeps, if you don't load Grind'r up when you travel, you're missing out! It's great virtual people watching and there are usually a dozen or so guys ready to provide company at your hotel at a moment's notice. They're usually hotter than the club boys, they actually want to have fun, and you don't have to hit the ATM. :) Most of the dancers are on Grind'r anyway. Some of their profiles are hilarious to read.

• 2 months later...

I went to Boardwalk this past Sunday night. I've been there several times on Sunday nights and its usually decently busy, but it was pretty dead this time. There was about 8-9 dancers, with about 2 of them fixated on two patrons the whole night. (I wish the dancers would work the crowd more).

Anyway, there was one really attractive dancer named Michael. He's 19, straight, from Jacksonville, and has a smooth, perfectly muscular body with brown hair/eyes. I've always thought he was Hispanic but he's just a hot white boy. I've seen him there a few times but he always looked standoff-ish. We talked this time and he was really friendly, said he has been dancing for a few months, and he basically said he gets a lot of creepy requests from patrons so he may come across as standoff-ish. He's usually playing pool the whole night. We did a few lap dances and he was a lot of fun - friendly, great body and easy to chat with. I'm looking forward to seeing him again!

It's funny sometimes how guys you think are not friendly, turn out to be very friendly when you get to know them. I had this experience in March with someone I had never talked to before. But this time he was the only guy that was somewhat interesting so I took the plunge. We chatted a lot. Unfortunately the place i met him at does not do personal dances.

Archived