THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

21st and 1st ave nyc shop?

newdadnewyork
This topic is 3870 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This certainly sounds like the Murray Hill Gang of a few years ago, but they seem to have moved from Murray Hill.

These are probably a group of recent immigrants who have an "agent" that supplies them with a space, and takes a cut of the action. The pictures on their ads are usually fake, and you usually don't know if the person you saw or spoke to will be the one to show up. I'd be careful if I were you. Besides, there are so many good, honest, and fun masseurs in New York....I'd put these guys at the bottom of my list.

You should be careful only because what you see is probably not what you will get, and what is advertised is not necessarily what you will receive, either. I once hired one of the Murray Hill Russians to come here, and while he was not the guy in the photo, he wasn't bad looking, and didn't give me a bad massage, but after 30 minutes, he said the massage was over, and asked for the full fee. I gave him half his fee, which he pocketed without counting it, as most masseurs do. Two minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and he was there, politely reminding me that I gave him only half his fee. I said, firmly but politely, that there was no way I would pay $150 for 30 minutes, and he sort of nodded, and left.

I don't think "being careful" means that you would be in physical danger, but you can't be confident who will show up, or how skilled or truthful he is. It really is a "gang;" a group of young undocumented immigrants who have their agent, or protector, (or pimp, if you want to call it that), and can't go to the police if they are being defrauded or mistreated, because they are undocumented.

I second what Beethoven says. I was "taken in" by a "masseur" who looked good on a site, was excellent with his email responses, and in our phone conversations, but it turns out he did not give me a correct address. When I got to the address he gave me, I called him and he apologized and gave me what was the correct address. The place was a dump, and his "studio" was on a third floor walk up. I should have turned around and left, but I didn't. When he opened the door, I said, "You are not the guy in the pictures" he was blond... he said, no, I am him, but dyed my hair as most guys like dark hair. He was good looking, but in spite of advertising doing massage in the nude, he kept on his briefs the entire time, and would not allow any touching. The massage was a "B" and he said he was still learning, but hoped I liked the massage. He then tried to charge me more than his ad, and I refused, got dressed and left without any tip. I have learned my lesson... so be prepared to walk away, and as I said, I will never go to those areas again. Oh, the other thing, I heard male voices coming from adjacent rooms, so think that there were a lot of "masseurs" who were sharing space.

I second what Beethoven says. I was "taken in" by a "masseur" who looked good on a site, was excellent with his email responses, and in our phone conversations, but it turns out he did not give me a correct address. When I got to the address he gave me, I called him and he apologized and gave me what was the correct address. The place was a dump, and his "studio" was on a third floor walk up. I should have turned around and left, but I didn't. When he opened the door, I said, "You are not the guy in the pictures" he was blond... he said, no, I am him, but dyed my hair as most guys like dark hair. He was good looking, but in spite of advertising doing massage in the nude, he kept on his briefs the entire time, and would not allow any touching. The massage was a "B" and he said he was still learning, but hoped I liked the massage. He then tried to charge me more than his ad, and I refused, got dressed and left without any tip. I have learned my lesson... so be prepared to walk away, and as I said, I will never go to those areas again. Oh, the other thing, I heard male voices coming from adjacent rooms, so think that there were a lot of "masseurs" who were sharing space.

So the issue is with the team of guys who set up shop on the neighborhood, not the neighborhood itself.

Archived