THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Getting On

g56whiz
This topic is 3925 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

They're only three half hour episodes of this new HBO comedy series out but I'm hooked!!!

It revolves around some dedicated but daft clinicians caring lovingly for elderly patients in a hospital's geriatric section. While patients and their various problems are handled without condescension, they haven't shied away from topics like dementia, sex (including the sexual needs of the patients) and even death. Dealing with these dower topics in a forthright yet sympathetic way adds to the lunacy of the situations their thoughtful caregivers have created for themselves. My stomach till hurts from the belly laughs.

I was about to start a tread on the subject of this wonderful new 1/2 hour comedy as well. One of the funniest shows on t.v. starring the incomparable Laurie Metcalfe.

Surprised HBO hasn't put much of a promotional push behind it. You can catch up with the first 3 episodes either with the eternal repeats or HBO on demand.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched all six episodes on HBO On Demand. Not as laugh out loud funny as I expected given the cast (Laurie Metcalf, Niecy Nash, AND Alex Borstein!?), but still enjoyable. My favorite episode so far was the one where the loud mouth, bigoted patient was insulting everyone. Reminded me of some of the over-the-top scenarios in Niecy's earlier show, Reno 911.

Archived