THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Torch Song Trilogy in DC, at the Studio Theatre

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 4015 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I much prefer the play to the movie version, especially the third act. I was fortunate enough to see the original National Tour with Jonathan Hadary, Estelle Getty, Brian Kerwin and Jon Cryer. Anne Bancroft is terrific in the movie but Estelle Getty was unforgettable on stage. It's a great play. Even though it is set from the 1970s to the 1990s, it somehow doesn't date.

I saw it years ago on Broadway with Estelle Getty and it was excellent then, in those times when everyone who was gay was touched by AIDS.

Wouldn't care to see it again... circumstances have changed.. the play is now dated, imo.

i also saw it with Estelle Getty and Harvery Fierstein and it was a great night in the theater. i was asked to see it by a young man who worked for me and we went together and had a great time. Looking back now through time and experience, I think I may have been on a date, but I am not totally sure. Interestingly enough, I have tried to contact this man many times over the years and have always been rebuffed without so much as the courtesy of a response. Looking back, I probably stamped on his heart and left it barely beating. I was a very good looking young man, of course it would be another 20 years before I would actually have sex with men, so he may have gaydared me before I did.

Archived