THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Swinging Richards FL Closing

Madison
This topic is 4057 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Swinging Richards Florida will be closing within the next few weeks.

It will be moving to the former "Centerfold's Cabaret" located at 1350 SW 2nd Street Pompano Beach.

The new location will offer "fine dining" and is expected to be open by labor day,

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been to Swinging Richard's, but coming right after the Splash Bar in NYC announces its closing, and the difficulty Adonis had with its other location in New York City, I wonder if this is a trend? Two examples don't constitute a trend, but it's a small sample size to begin with.

It will be moving to the former "Centerfold's Cabaret" located at 1350 SW 2nd Street Pompano Beach.

The new location will offer "fine dining" and is expected to be open by labor day,

Thank you for the information. I know the owners were always at odds with the city. Perhaps Pompano will be more welcoming. The new location does seem a bit removed from Miami and the airport, but for me at least, the new location is infinitely better. It is a very reasonable cab ride on those nights one would not want to drive, and relax with a nice Bombay Sapphire tonic. So for now, we will just keep our fingers crossed.

I wonder how many of the dancers will want to drive that far north. Many of them live south of No.Miami.

Agreed 0- doesn't seem like the move is related to a lack of customers. Each time I've been there, the place was packed. Pompano will be a major hike for many dancers. I don't see the logic of shifting their location further away from Miami.

Thanks Madison...just googled the new address. Looks like a bit of a remote location which might work well since it is another county....I am wondering if SR just got tired of fighting the city and county over issues with nudity.

Thanks Madison...just googled the new address. Looks like a bit of a remote location which might work well since it is another county....I am wondering if SR just got tired of fighting the city and county over issues with nudity.

What fight? That was settled months ago. I would guess the owner realized that a $30,000 monthly lease was too much. Think about that.... $1,000 a day before you ever turn on power, water, pay for insurance, advertising etc, etc..... That is a massive mountain to climb

I've never been to Swinging Richard's, but coming right after the Splash Bar in NYC announces its closing, and the difficulty Adonis had with its other location in New York City, I wonder if this is a trend? Two examples don't constitute a trend, but it's a small sample size to begin with.

It's no secret all the unnecessary drama the city caused our friends at Swinging Richards...we too sympathize, as much goes on behind the scenes that makes it very difficult to run a club, advertise, and build a business that those doing the same thing in the str8 realm need not worry about. It's quite sad actually. These cities are far from liberal, equal, or fair when dealing with these issues.

It's no secret all the unnecessary drama the city caused our friends at Swinging Richards...we too sympathize, as much goes on behind the scenes that makes it very difficult to run a club, advertise, and build a business that those doing the same thing in the str8 realm need not worry about. It's quite sad actually. These cities are far from liberal, equal, or fair when dealing with these issues.

Sadly what you are saying is spot on.....Surely few understand this more than you guys at the Adonis. A friend of mine owned a gay bar/club in the suburbs in LA, clearly outside of West Hollywood. He faced constant harassment from the city. Finally they forced the landlord not to renew his lease, and he lost his business. Hopefully there will be less of that "unnecessary drama" in Pompano, and perhaps the city will deal with SR more fairly.

A good bet would be that the owner of Swinging Richards has made certain that all of the proper permits, CO and liquor license are in place before making the move or even opening.

It would be rather foolish to open without them just thinking the city wants a stip club on every corner.

On the down side, it's hard to believe that any other South Florida location could match SR's vibrant energy level and upscale posh interior, especially compared to the dumpy Boardwalk Bar and Johnny's, the seedy walk-in dungeon.

On the up side, the fact that the new club will be offering "fine dining" gives reason to hope that its food sales will be of a sufficient percentage that they will be classified as a food establishment, and smoking will not be permitted. Hope springs eternal :)

Bozo

hmmm - they promise "returns" of approximately 8% "monthly", secured by real estate. This works out to a 150% annual return. Lol. Either this is a misprint, or the kind of scheme that would make Bernie Madoff blush!!!

It isn't a misprint..... But anyone that puts money into this might as well flush it down the toilet.

I talked to a friend that will be working tomorrow, and he said they expect a lot of kinks will need to be worked out because the move happened so fast. He said he is working, but has no idea how many dancers will be there tomorrow, but expects a lot to show up over the weekend. I'll stop in tomorrow, so I guess they will have at least 2 customers :)

Please give us a report BVG! Also, see if you can do a little detective work to see why they moved after they won their fight with the city of Miami to allow nude dancers.

Well CEO, SR was amazing tonight. From Fort Lauderdale up I-95 it is a mere 6 min. The 'Nav' routed me via surface streets and it was only about 12 min. I am guessing that a cab ride from say the beach area of Fort Lauderdale or the Royal Palms Spa and Resort would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 dollars. Very doable. I talked to many of the dancers and several actually lived in the Pompano area. Most everyone agreed that the new location would serve everyone better. For those who said that they lived in the Aventura area, the run north up I-95 is only about 30 min.

Driving up my navigation said that " I had arrived" WTF....where?? From the outside it takes a few seconds to realize that you are at someplace that would house a strip club, but once inside, the club itself is actually nicer than the old one, and located in a very very remote industrial section of Pompano, but only 2 blocks from I-95. The interior is a work in progress, though you can't tell that they are still working on it. All the employees said that they have been working 15 hour days to get the place ready. All in all it is much nicer than the old club. They will have VIP booths to sit in that are one level up from the main floor on the weekends, and the 'lap dance' rooms (private) are 5 dollars to enter each time, and then 20 dollars per song. The 'lap dance' area is no longer one room, but rather it is situated like the private rooms at Johnny's. Much better as far as BVB is concerned. Sean tried to explain how the VIP rooms were priced, but the music was a bit loud and I was on my second G&T at that time and I could never quite understand the pricing.

Everyone was extremely nice and expressed concern that many of the regulars would not realize that SR had actually moved. Apparently they did not completely confirm the move to employees until a couple of days ago. I gave it the old college try and made several trips to the ATM.

I would guess that there were at least 20+ dancers, and the atmosphere was very festive. Not there "A" game perhaps, but some pretty pretty boys indeed. The manager told me that they will start flying in dancers from Atlanta by Labor Day. Food will be on the agenda very shortly, and apparently they will be upping there game in that department. One of the managers said that they wanted to have a nice spread for the patrons, much nicer than the old place.

When I asked why they had made the move, it was explained to me that the old location had always been problematic with customers. Most of the customers had always come from Fort Lauderdale and northward. Many many complained about the distance, as did I. They are hoping that this location, once everyone gets used to it will serve everyone better.

Please note that BVB has been drinking Tanqueray 10 and tonic, and posting this is most difficult. I am hoping that others in attendance, (Trav1 ?) will be able to add more information. For now however, it is a beautiful night here in FTL and BVB is top down and on his way to Wilton Manors. On another occasion perhaps I will talk about who I fell in love with....

For now.....fingers crossed that all of this will turn out to be an excellent move for the boys of "Swinging Richards"

BVG, I didn't make it last night. I have to wait till Saturday now. But I do know exactly where it is. I am 5 miles away. It's also between Powerline and Andrews, if not into freeways, guys can drive local streets. You can actually turn left out of Boardwalk and its about 7 miles up Andrews.

I talked to a friend that works there, and he had a pretty good night. He likes the place better, and lives in there area, so happy all the way around.

Archived