THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Montreal Update

edsahead
This topic is 4081 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just returned from a long weekend in Montreal and had a great time. The weather was pleasant for touring the city during the day and warm at night with a little rain on Sunday. The village was full of people strolling and enjoying the outdoor bars and resturants on St. Catherine. I stayed in a decent if unremarkable room at the Gouverneur Place Dupuis and most of the meal I had in the village and around the city were good.

I spent most of my time at Campus but also visited Taboo and Stock. I spent less than an hour at Taboo on Thursday night, it was not very busy and although I like twinks there was not much to hold my attention and I did not return. I stopped by Stock on Thursday and Saturday nights. The men at Stock are buff and beautiful and the facility is the nicest strip club in Montreal. The stage shows are the best of all the clubs with little or no down time between dansers and the guys always show wood for their slow song. While great to look at, their performance in the back is pretty tame, so I mostly just watch at Stock. I did enjoy spending some time with a few dansers who I know form Florida who were spending some of the summer in Montreal.

My main stay is Campus, where I find the guys to be very friendly and more interactive, especially the daytime dansers but I found a few of the big guys at night to be accomodative to my desiresas well. I would start with happy hour around 5 at Campus and the bar was never crowded making it pretty easy to chat up the guys and take them in the back. The curtains are down in the back but this was never a problem as most of the guys don't seem to be shy (neither am I) and delivered what they promised. I am very specific with what I want with the guys and always discuss my expectations and negotiate up front what I am will to compenste them. All of the daytime dansers were happy to oblige me and at least half of the night time dansers. I would leave for dinner and then return after 9-10 for the late shift. I had repeat performances with Scott, Roberto & Olsen during the days and with Jesse a beefy body builder on two nights. I also had a good time with Simon, Tyler, Randy and Connor (a strapping young lad from Toronto with a deep voice and a very big piece).

Thursday & Saturday nights had a resonable crowds but Friday was the busiest night at Campus and Ladies night on Sunday was a lot more entertaining than I remember from past visits. The best looking guy on Friday and Saturday was a chiseled young man with a thick mohawk named Colvy. The first thing I said to him was that he was the best looking man in the bar and he immediately agreed and said "yes I know". My internal warning alarm went off and i did not take him into the back as it is my experience that many times the best looking guys do the least for most in the back room (especially the ones who know it). But he certainly was stunning and pleasant to talk with. Making the weekend even better I ran into a fellow who I had met last year in the airport and we toured the sights and had a few meals and good times in the clubs togeter. I also saw the fire works on Saturday night on the rooftop deck of the Drugstore (?) and enjoye them totally.

To summarize I had a good or great time with all of the dansers that I spent time with. I never felt ripped off (that's certainly happened in the past) and the worst dance I had was still pretty good. My big complaint about Campus is that there is too much empty stage time between dansers and some of the dansers seemed to hide their hard-ons in their underwear before showing themselves half hard, half way into the song; but these are minor complaints. All in all I had a great trip and was sad to come home.

Some tourist friends have told me that while in Montreal recently, they encountered some unpleasant anti-English sentiments, from a few aggressive French people who declared that Montreal is a French-only city.

I have never experienced any serious anti-English bigotry, and I imagine and hope that most clients have no problems, either.

The language of money should be more important to the dancers than any French-English squabbles. :)

I did not encounter any anti-English sentiments at all when I was in Montreal. I thought people were friendlier this trip. All of the dancers that I talked to spoke english and several of the french dancers did so without an accent.

Did tourists say where this happened. Although I have never had conversations with a non service Montreal native, my experience has been like Harpo's. All the dancers willingly speak English as well as probably 99% of the service people. Twenty five years or so ago this was not the case and there was a good deal of resistance to speaking English. That was of course the time of a strong separatist movement. I wonder if the recent success of the Parti Quebecois has rekindled some of that feeling.

Archived