THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Unicorn Club in Indianapolis: closed

Zapped
This topic is 4120 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The last time I went to the Unicorn Club, about a year ago, I thought to myself, "I don't think they are going to be in business much longer." Not many customers, even on a Saturday night. "Death of gay culture" and all that.

Tonight, with my boyfriend out of town for the summer, I was yielding to temptation. But the place was shut. All I've found out from a web search is that it closed as of June 18. The homepage (http://www.unicornclub.com/) has an array of clip art which is probably telling a story, complete with a dead unicorn that's been torn in half.

Anyone know anything more?

I am glad I saw this as I was going to make a pilgrimage there from Kentucky this week. I was there last October and there were only about 15 patrons there on a Saturday. I remember 8 or 9 years ago the place would be packed with two stages of dancing boys. I am not sure what happened. I don't want to blame the screaming females but it seems like the gay population started dwindling when the females began to frequent the place - and the dancers seemed more focused on them. Anyway, I hope they open again. Guess I will have to travel to either Atlanta or St. Louis for a good show.

I was there the week after Memorial Day; they had done some remodeling and getting ready for a grand re-opening in mid June. They were only opened Thursday-Sunday. The first night in town - there was a good crowd but they closed a hour early! I was so pissed that I did not go back again!

I am glad I saw this as I was going to make a pilgrimage there from Kentucky this week. I was there last October and there were only about 15 patrons there on a Saturday. I remember 8 or 9 years ago the place would be packed with two stages of dancing boys. I am not sure what happened. I don't want to blame the screaming females but it seems like the gay population started dwindling when the females began to frequent the place - and the dancers seemed more focused on them. Anyway, I hope they open again. Guess I will have to travel to either Atlanta or St. Louis for a good show.

You should go to Atlanta. Swinging Richards is really good these days and I hear Bliss has added a few hotties and is rising from the ashes a bit. The only strip club scene that compares to Atlanta is north of the border (Montreal)

I will take your advice

You should go to Atlanta. Swinging Richards is really good these days and I hear Bliss has added a few hotties and is rising from the ashes a bit. The only strip club scene that compares to Atlanta is north of the border (Montreal)

I will take your advice and head to ATL on Thursday. I usually stay at that horrible Days Inn a few blocks away - it's a rats nest but it's cheap and I can (usually) walk home from SR.

Thursday is hit or miss. The lineup may be great...may not. Best days to go are Friday and Saturday. I'll probably stop in on Saturday.

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to hotel rooms. My advice would be to go online and get a better hotel. There are plenty of decent to hotels that can be had at a reasonable price. Here are a couple of places I would suggest.

1. Courtyard Marriott - less than 1.4 miles away

2. Twelve (Atlantic Station) - half a mile away

3. Artmore Hotel - 1.1 miles away

4. Residence Inn - 1.3 miles away

even the intown suites which are maybe 200 yards away from the club is better than days in.

There are plenty of NICE hotels in Atlanta if you are willing to stay a little bit further away from the club

Archived