THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

411 on Nick NYC

sulikano1
This topic is 4155 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So just for clarity. What is the purpose of the fakery? What happens when you contact this guy? Someone else shows up? And the idea is that you are too intimidated to say no? Do the fakes get more people to look at the website? I just don't understand how posting fake ads does anyone any good...neither the website nor the advertisers. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me could explain.

So just for clarity. What is the purpose of the fakery? What happens when you contact this guy? Someone else shows up? And the idea is that you are too intimidated to say no? Do the fakes get more people to look at the website? I just don't understand how posting fake ads does anyone any good...neither the website nor the advertisers. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me could explain.

Good question! In the case of the NY fakes, you tend to get a guy in his 20s who is about a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. Not bad, but definitely what you were expecting from the pics on the ad. You've spent so much time looking for someone worthwhile you tend to just say to yourself, "OK, let's try it." Sometimes it turns out kind of fun, most times it's a waste of time and money.

That help?

Luvsrubs, tsgarp is absolutely correct, in my experience. When someone, not the guy in the photo shows up, whether it's an incall or outcall, I'm not "too intimidated" to leave, but "OK, let's try it" is the usual response. The guy is similar enough to the guy in the photo that I'm willing to give it a try. I totally agree that "sometimes it turns out kind of fun, but mostly it's a waste of time and money." So why to we clients do it? We've already allocated the time and money, and hope springs eternal, right? And, yes, "fakes get more people to look at the website." You betcha they do! And I also agree that this does no one any good; in my case it just makes me more wary the next time, and dissuades me from taking a chance on a new masseur, because I have my old reliables.

Thanks. All makes sense. Too bad there isn't a non revenue dependent website that could provide listings with integrity. But then that's pretty much what this is, isn't it? And for that I'm grateful to all of you. Thanks again.

I can relate more information. I hired one of these masseurs whose photograph was too exquisite to pass up. The guy who arrived did not at all look like Mr. Beautiful. He could hardly speak English. But he managed to communicate that: 1) he was from the same "massage agency"; 2) the guy I wanted was not available; 3) he was sent as a replacement. On the scale of 1 to 10 he was more like a 3. He was around 24 - 25 years old. I also think he was completely straight. I understood the situation to be that a certain entrepreneur runs an agency in Queens or Brooklyn. He posts the lifted photographs and hires unemployed Slavic/East European/Russian/Ukrainian masseurs. Regrettably, the major gay massage websites keep running this agency's ads over and over gain, using new "lifted" photographs each time. If you use a reverse image search (e.g., http://www.tineye.com) you can possibly sleuth the photographs yourself each time. I'm not sure how carefully google's image bank covers photographs that might appear in exotic Slavic/East European websites, or possibly, if certain image websites might have a technical "block" against the reverse image search. I googled this and found that some posts on this topic. Sorry for the overly wordy report. I guess the most practical suggestion is that masseur users report fake photographs on this website as quickly as possible. This is the first extensive thread I've seen on this topic.

Archived