THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Skipped Body Parts in A Massage--What's your Pet Peeve?

Rod Hagen
This topic is 4171 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My biggest pet peeve isn't really an issue of skipped body parts, but I dislike when a masseur works one leg more than the other. Sometimes the amount of time spent is less or he'll really spend time working one calf while barely working the other. It always makes me feel uneven and lopsided.

In an erotic or non-erotic massage, what are the parts of the body many masseurs neglect that you wish they wouldn't? ...
Chest/pecs. Front of the thighs. (Both of those done while I'm on my back.) Scalp and temples. (The woman who shampoos me at the barber does a wonderful job of that.)

I am alway 100% upfront when booking. I want a 2 to 2 1/2 hour massage. Combination. Therapeutic /erotic with stretching. Mutual nude...I like a longer session so it can be therapeutic throughout with some erotic moments sprinkled in. A little tug, brush up, climb on rub all over. A little kiss on the eyelids is always nice. Stretching with the massage.

climaxing at the end. Not looking for full on sex.

I've had a couple of great guys over the heard who can really follow instructions and its been perfect.

But most are moderate to great in the beginning and when I roll over all they see is a boner and everything else gets ignored.

Keep the massage going. It'll be there when your job is done.

They don't need to swallow it like its their last meal or throw a condom on it and ride away.

Finish the job you were hired for and I'll give it all up in the end.

This is what I usually say to a masseur when I'm communicating ahead of time.

But they don't listen.

Sounds crazy to be complaint about it but if I wanted just sex I would hire for that or go on a date.

I want the service I'm paying for...

RANT OVER. I FEEL BETTER.

now if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears or PM me.

In Providence/Boston area.

I don't like anything skipped!!! But I like equal time for legs, arms, hands, etc. And as someone has said, focusing on only one leg, or one arm makes me very uncomfortable. I agree that face, scalp and neck are usually the places overlooked.

Due to muscle issues, I have to get a therapeutic massage every week. Deep tissue. A lot of times, they try to avoid the ass. Unfortunately, that's one of those muscles that hurts the worst most days (seriously). I end up doing a TON of driving and the low back/glute muscles can get really inflamed.

Thankfully, the guy I have now has gotten better about working them.

Due to muscle issues, I have to get a therapeutic massage every week. Deep tissue. A lot of times, they try to avoid the ass. Unfortunately, that's one of those muscles that hurts the worst most days (seriously). I end up doing a TON of driving and the low back/glute muscles can get really inflamed.

Thankfully, the guy I have now has gotten better about working them.

That's why I prefer 'sensual' massages - the avoidance of any erogenous zones for fear of arousal is what makes a therapeutic massage sometimes feel incomplete. To be fair there are masseurs who are extremely thorough even when not 'sensual', who work your nethers without being sexual...

That's why I prefer 'sensual' massages - the avoidance of any erogenous zones for fear of arousal is what makes a therapeutic massage sometimes feel incomplete. To be fair there are masseurs who are extremely thorough even when not 'sensual', who work your nethers without being sexual...

Well this guy does deep tissue, trigger point work. So there's NOTHING sensual about it at all. But he is a hot little stud. So, sometimes I fantasize a bit, lol.

Chest, front of the neck and temple area. Masseurs seem to neglect the front of your body.

One of the best massages I ever received was when the masseur turned me over after finishing my back, and began massaging my chest, front of the neck, lats and then worked his way down to my thighs. He finished by going back to the chest area. It was amazing and rarely happens.

Hey Sam... I agree that a four hand massage is incredible, and EVERYTHING gets massaged, at least with all the four handed massages I have had. I also agree that with stress the scalp, as well as the face and neck deserve a lot of attention.

For me, it is the scalp and stomach. Most therapeutic only massages skip both and/or all of the front upper body. When having a therapeutic/ sensual massage, I like to be stretched and have the erotic bits peppered throughout. Most guys don't get this at all.

I had this interaction recently with a masseur that was listed on CL. I was very specific upfront what I was looking for and he had no objection...until right before the session.

=====

Me: Hello. Do you work with males as well as females? Your ad doesn't specify.

Masseur: Yes, males are fine. Strictly therapeutic massages though. I'm available daily usually from mid-afternoon to early evening. 60 or 90 minute sessions, your choice of Swedish, sports massage, deep tissue or standard therapeutic. Let me know, thanks.

Me: I like a combination massage swedish/deep tissue/sports. I usually like some sensual (not sexual) elements included, but you don't offer that. I have recurring issues with sciatica because I have a tight piriformis. So I like concentrated work in the glute/hamstrings. I also like assisted stretching for the hips/glutes/hams.

Masseur: I do perform sensual massage, but a lot of gentlemen confuse that with sexual or happy ending massages, and that I do not do under any circumstances. But I can combine some sensual, light touch elements in the massage if you should so choose. Let me know, thanks.

===

....I then book an appointment for two days later. We talked a few times over the next couple of days. We confirmed the appointment that morning. I am 10 mins from his place and receive this email

===

Masseur: I may have negated to mention this but I don't massage glutes. I know you mentioned sciatica, which is why I'm letting you know.

Me: Well. That's disappointing. That's kind of the point of working out the sciatica. Well I have already left work early to come see you and am almost to your place.

Masseur: Sorry, but I've had experiences in the past where gentlemen have gotten the wrong idea and wanted more as a result of working on certain parts of their body such as glutes. If you don't want the massage I completely understand, there is absolutely no pressure. I would like to give you your money's worth and if you don't feel like you're getting that, it's best to call it off.

Me: This conversation has certainly killed any chance for a relaxing session. Very disappointing. Cancel.

I had this interaction recently with a masseur that was listed on CL. I was very specific upfront what I was looking for and he had no objection...until right before the session.

=====

Me: Hello. Do you work with males as well as females? Your ad doesn't specify.

Masseur: Yes, males are fine. Strictly therapeutic massages though. I'm available daily usually from mid-afternoon to early evening. 60 or 90 minute sessions, your choice of Swedish, sports massage, deep tissue or standard therapeutic. Let me know, thanks.

Me: I like a combination massage swedish/deep tissue/sports. I usually like some sensual (not sexual) elements included, but you don't offer that. I have recurring issues with sciatica because I have a tight piriformis. So I like concentrated work in the glute/hamstrings. I also like assisted stretching for the hips/glutes/hams.

Masseur: I do perform sensual massage, but a lot of gentlemen confuse that with sexual or happy ending massages, and that I do not do under any circumstances. But I can combine some sensual, light touch elements in the massage if you should so choose. Let me know, thanks.

===

....I then book an appointment for two days later. We talked a few times over the next couple of days. We confirmed the appointment that morning. I am 10 mins from his place and receive this email

===

Masseur: I may have negated to mention this but I don't massage glutes. I know you mentioned sciatica, which is why I'm letting you know.

Me: Well. That's disappointing. That's kind of the point of working out the sciatica. Well I have already left work early to come see you and am almost to your place.

Masseur: Sorry, but I've had experiences in the past where gentlemen have gotten the wrong idea and wanted more as a result of working on certain parts of their body such as glutes. If you don't want the massage I completely understand, there is absolutely no pressure. I would like to give you your money's worth and if you don't feel like you're getting that, it's best to call it off.

Me: This conversation has certainly killed any chance for a relaxing session. Very disappointing. Cancel.

Wow, that's disappointing. I'll never understand legitimate therapists shying away from the glutes. They're a major muscle group and tie in directly to sciatica like you mentioned, as well as lower back and leg pain in general. The glutes aren't the rectum. You needn't worry about losing a finger.

My two main areas missed that irritate me in a therapeutic massage are the aforementioned glutes and scalp. I LOVE my scalp massaged and I mention that upfront but a good half of all my appointments result in the therapist "running out of time" and skipping the scalp.

To be honest, I've had far more luck with certified therapists who offer sensual. They aren't afraid to go anywhere, and it's usually a more complete massage, backed up as it is by their training. At that point, they could skip the happy ending and go straight to the scalp and I am a happy camper.

Lohengrin

Just want to jump in briefly. Having been a masseur for about 10 years now, the VAST majority of clients do not want their head/scalp/face touched. So, while it may seem odd that many masseurs ignore this area there is a reason for it. Of course, the smart thing for the masseur to do is simply ask. But I just wanted to explain the likely reason most masseurs don't much touch above the neck unless you specifically ask for it.

I also want to add that just as in bed people do the things they want done (in other words, if they start eating out your armpit you can bet that they would LOVE to have their's eaten) masseurs unconsciously concentrate on the parts they like worked on themselves. A good masseur can transcend this of course, but we are all human so if he worked a lot on your traps and you get a chance to get him on the table, go for the traps.

Just want to jump in briefly. Having been a masseur for about 10 years now, the VAST majority of clients do not want their head/scalp/face touched. So, while it may seem odd that many masseurs ignore this area there is a reason for it. Of course, the smart thing for the masseur to do is simply ask. But I just wanted to explain the likely reason most masseurs don't much touch above the neck unless you specifically ask for it.

I also want to add that just as in bed people do the things they want done (in other words, if they start eating out your armpit you can bet that they would LOVE to have their's eaten) masseurs unconsciously concentrate on the parts they like worked on themselves. A good masseur can transcend this of course, but we are all human so if he worked a lot on your traps and you get a chance to get him on the table, go for the traps.

Thanks for the info, Rod. That makes a lot of sense. I will be more specific from now on. Although, honestly, who can resist a good scalp massage? Not this massage aficionado, let me tell you. :)

Lohengrin

Thanks for the info, Rod. That makes a lot of sense. I will be more specific from now on. Although, honestly, who can resist a good scalp massage? Not this massage aficionado, let me tell you. :)

Lohengrin

Agreed...I have had a few masseurs do it, and it is H e a v an!!! Hands are usually ignored for the most part. Some will give them a token once over, but it is wonderful when a masseur spends a few minutes really massaging the palms.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more about the scalp. And I always wish more time was spent on the hands and feet (though I realize I didn't book a reflexology session). But hands down (no pun intended), the body part that I find most masseurs (and for that matter, masseuses) short-shrift is the middle trapezius. Specifically the section between the neck and shoulders atop the collarbone. As a writer, I spend far too much time slumped over the computer. And I've really felt it the last year or two, to the point where that part of the traps are like rocks. Yet no matter how I often I inform therapists of this problem area, they never grab them and knead them the way I'd like.

Specifically the section between the neck and shoulders atop the collarbone. As a writer, I spend far too much time slumped over the computer. And I've really felt it the last year or two, to the point where that part of the traps are like rocks. Yet no matter how I often I inform therapists of this problem area, they never grab them and knead them the way I'd like.

Funny you say this. I'm currently suffering, REALLY suffering in that before it was sore and now it's actually injured, from having this area overworked the other day both by another masseur!

Funny you say this. I'm currently suffering, REALLY suffering in that before it was sore and now it's actually injured, from having this area overworked the other day both by another masseur!

There's got to be a happy medium, lol. Maybe the therapists I've seen shy away from aggressive manipulation because they know that area is sensitive? Here's hoping your traps recuperate quickly, Rod, and mine loosen up a bit. Next time I'm in L.A., maybe you'll prove to have the magic touch!

Chest/pecs. Front of the thighs. (Both of those done while I'm on my back.) Scalp and temples. (The woman who shampoos me at the barber does a wonderful job of that.)

Speaking of shampoos - there was this shampoo guy at an upscale salon I use to go to. He gave the best scalp and neck massage it made me so hard I practically came each time. I asked him once if he gave full body massages, but, alas, head was his specialty. Needless to say, he always got a very healthy tip from me! If he just partnered up with someone for the rest of the body, everyone would have been happy.

Archived