THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Quicken Oooops!!

g56whiz
This topic is 4203 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just upgraded my Quicken by installing Quicken Deluxe 2013. And now I have no data files. The support folks say that can't have happened. Installing doesn't remove data files. Moreover there's nothing they can do about it. I didn't even get a "Sorry". Oye

You can restore from your backup, right?

Backup? What stinkn' Backup! That's sorta like safe sex computing! No?

Actually I have a McAfee backup/restore function running but alas I seem to have set it up badly: it failed to capture any of the Quicken data files.

What still steams me is the attitude of the Intuit Support rajas who first declared the data files were never there. Then when I offered them the chance to search my harddrive remotely, they admitted that the function was not available to them at present, I should call back next week. Hear that TurboTax users as we near 4/15? OYE!!

Hear that TurboTax users as we near 4/15? OYE!!

Years ago using TurboTax, I found a place where 2 fields in which you entered dollar values were supposed to be added together -- but the software DID NOT DO SO. A + B = A, according to the software.

When I finally got a support rep on the phone, he admitted that my release of the software behaved that way, but on no account would he agree it was a bug. The canonical language was to call it a UDF -- an "undocumented feature." :eek:

Needless to say I got no resolution from them. But that did prompt me to dump my tax prep in the lap of an accountant for the first time, something I have blessedly done ever since. Life is too short.

Am I the only one who gets the joke?

Intuit Corporation, makers of Quicken, QuickBooks and Turbo Tax. Intuit's Chairman and former Chief Executive Officer, William V. Campbell is one of seven members of the Board of Directors of Apple, Inc.

Intuit, who even though their senior leadership sits on Apple's board, leaves Mac owners high and dry for years - 2007 to 2010, with no updated QuickBooks. Who manufactures 4 versions of Quicken, 3 versions of Quickbooks and 2 versions of TurboTax for Winders, but only one version of each for Mac OS X. Intuit, who my bookkeeper, she runs a Mac, uses the Winders version because it's 5-6 times faster than Quickbooks for Mac.

Intuit - a corporation named after a REAL WORD:

in·tu·it

/inˈt(y)o͞o-it/def:[TABLE=class: vk_txt ts]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: ts]

[TR]

[TD]Understand or work out by instinct.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Yep, figure it out yourself! That about says it all!

Archived