THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

The Assembled Parties

edjames
This topic is 4182 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Playwright Richard Greenberg is a triple threat this Broadway season. His first effort, an adapted script for Breakfast At Tiffany's failed to peek my interest, but the whole production is a bit of a hot mess.

His second script for MTC is an interesting play about a NYC jewish family who gather on Christmas Day 1980 and again in 2000 (in the second act).

The Assembled Parties is about the Bascovs, an Upper West Side Jewish family in 1980. Former movie star Julie Bascov and her sister-in-law Faye bring their families together for their traditional holiday dinner, where a house guest insinuates himself into the family drama. Twenty years later, as 2001 approaches, the Bascovs' seemingly picture-perfect life may be about to crumble.

I found it very interesting. Both Jessica Hecht and Judith Light were terrific in their roles. The set is a series of well decorated rooms in their CPW 7 room apartment. One of my major criticism's of the play is that I found it a bit long and a good 20 minutes should have been cut. Perhaps before openning night they'll be some revision.

ED

• 4 weeks later...

Archived