THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Is there something in the news going on that I haven't heard about?

JoeyBryant
This topic is 4214 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't know what it is, but it seems that people have just gone bananas lately. Not sure if this is localized or due to the time of year or what. If there's been some viral outbreak of pure inconsideration, bad-planning, impulsivenss and unreliability. I know Spring Break is here, but these are not kids calling me though.

For the past month or so I've been getting a steady stream of responses and replies to all my ads from both local people and people coming into the area. I kid you not when I say only 1 of my regulars followed through with plans. That's the only local client I've had all month. I haven't had anyone else show up. I had 2 calls this week about an overnight...those didn't go through. One is trying to book it the day I plan to leave town, I needed confirmation from him before I can do that. Doesn't return calls. The other called private so that was predictable. 1 guy I met before called twice and left me a message about booking and then cancelled 15 minutes prior to the appointment. That same day, someone else called, said my name...my battery died, i called right back, no answer. Later that day someone from LA was supposed to been booking me from adam, that didn't pan out. Oh and then I had one guy call from rentmen about seeing him in one of my travel cities, he texts me shortly after talking about a change in plans.

If all that wasn't enough...I get this crazy nut who I've just been chatting to for the past couple months and met off the apps. He came across one of my ads and starts blowing my phone up with insults and accusations and this and that and I should have told him yadda yadda....and I never even met the dude in person yet! I know it's very trivial and I quickly used the block feature on my lines after all 10 or so vile messages were sent, but it just adds to it. It's like I'm having a hard time getting appointments as it is, without a whole ARMY of people who are unsupportive.

I'm just like, what have I done to them specifically for them to be setting me up like this for? When you get them all at once like that it just makes you wonder, okay maybe it's me? But if they never wanted to see me to begin with, why bother making the call? A change of plans is rather vague. I'm hoping it's localized as this Palm Springs annual weekend is getting me out and I would hate to be putting up with this aggravation while I'm away so I'm really hoping this is something I can get away from. Because no matter what I'm doing or not doing locally is not helping to change anything.

Pardon the negativety, but it's hard to stay positive in the circumstances. You just want to switch off completely until it passes over. It's like a hurricane.

Archived