THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Detroit or Windsor???

Jondar
This topic is 4221 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is the Happy Tap in Windsor still open? I was there many years ago but don't see much on the net about the situation in Windsor. Also, I have never gone out in Detroit, anything worth doing on the gay night out side of things?

The Happy Tap closed spring 2002. The difficulty (or perceived difficulty) of crossing the Detroit/Windsor border after 9/11 killed it. It reopened as "Legends of 2012" in the same location several years ago. I was a regular at the Happy Tap up until it closed. I've been to Legends once, maybe twice, and was not impressed. The first time the dancers there were just not that attractive. Judging by the boys they put in their print ads, it hasn't gotten much better; but bear in mind that I have not been there in a couple of years.

Club Gold Coast in Detroit is a great time. Lots of dancers, leaning more towards slender & smooth but there are a few exceptions. The dancers are very friendly, the private room setup is very good, the bartenders are also very friendly. Not the best neighborhood but they have guarded valet parking. Definitely possible to get something serious going in the private rooms and sometimes meet up outside the club with a dancer if you approach it with some tact - although not always necessary. One guy mentioned the possibility of meeting outside the club within the first few minutes of my first conversation with him over a smoke on the patio.

I think Gigi's also has dancers but Gold Coast is closer to me and I have such a good time there I haven't had much motivation to check out Gigi's.

After reading the latest threads on Swinging Richards, I have to point out that you can have a great time at GC for a lot less than SR. The drinks are cheaper, and the distinction between lap dance & VIP room doesn't exist. They don't have the lap dance concept at Gold Coast, really - private time with the dancers is all in the back room, but it's $20 a song (plus $3 to the guy watching the door), and depending on the dancer, a lot can go on. I usually spend $200 or a bit more for back room session, about 20-30 minutes and a decent tip, Depending on the dancer, a lot or a little can go on. There's one guy who upsells while you're back there, which bugs me to no end, shame because he's gorgeous and apart from that a great guy. No problem with dancers with limits on what they'll do but negotiating it in the middle of the dance is offputting. I'd much rather take a guy back where I know his limits. Lately I've just been offering the guys an amount at the start, and say "Go as long & as far as you want for that". It's worked out pretty well, and the guys who don't deliver, I just don't take back again.

Archived