THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

what do you think about this?

beethoven
This topic is 4236 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I recently saw an ad, and e-mailed the masseur thru the site. He replied promptly, and he seems like an honest, sincere guy. I asked him for a massage on a Friday evening, at my place, between 7-10 pm, at his convenience. He replied by suggesting that I go to a web site that he uses to schedule appointments, as his availablility for every day for the next 3 weeks is listed there, and I can choose what I want, at my apartment.

I went to the site. He has nothing available for the night I wanted, but for Thursday of that week, he offers appointments at 7 pm, 8:30, and 10 pm. For the following Sunday, he offers 2pm, 3:30, 5pm, and 7 pm.

It seems to me that he's treating clients like an assembly line. These are one-hour appointments for $150, and I wonder how he'll be out of my place in one hour and be ready for his next massage in 30 minutes?? And I wonder what he'll be like on Sunday for his fourth client in five hours?

As a result of seeing this schedule, I've decided not to hire him. Do you think I'm justified, or should I give him a try?

I recently saw an ad, and e-mailed the masseur thru the site. He replied promptly, and he seems like an honest, sincere guy. I asked him for a massage on a Friday evening, at my place, between 7-10 pm, at his convenience. He replied by suggesting that I go to a web site that he uses to schedule appointments, as his availablility for every day for the next 3 weeks is listed there, and I can choose what I want, at my apartment.

I went to the site. He has nothing available for the night I wanted, but for Thursday of that week, he offers appointments at 7 pm, 8:30, and 10 pm. For the following Sunday, he offers 2pm, 3:30, 5pm, and 7 pm.

It seems to me that he's treating clients like an assembly line. These are one-hour appointments for $150, and I wonder how he'll be out of my place in one hour and be ready for his next massage in 30 minutes?? And I wonder what he'll be like on Sunday for his fourth client in five hours?

As a result of seeing this schedule, I've decided not to hire him. Do you think I'm justified, or should I give him a try?

I think you are assuming that all those time slots will actually be filled. He might be offering those times but not actually filling them. If sex is not involved in the massage, I would guess that a masseur would have no problems recovering for the next appointment. At Burke Williams, a very upscale spa in LA, the masseurs are scheduled multiple back to back massages for most of the day with only about a 15 min down time between. Many masseurs arrive around 12-1 pm and have appointments scheduled as late as 7 pm at night. I am sure that there are breaks in that time frame, but for the most part they are doing multiple massages back to back. I have arrived late on occasion and it was indicated to me that arriving late was clearly a problem. The spa asks all their clients to arrive at least an hour early, just so that the masseurs can stay on schedule.

So based on what I know, I would not think that his scheduling is anything out of the ordinary. if you really are interested, I personally would not hesitate to schedule with him. You might ask him if scheduling later in the day is a problem for him, and you could mention that you are concerned that he might be too tired, and see what his reaction will be, but I don't see a problem.

Archived