THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Watch out for this "Modeling" Scam

This topic is 4229 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Got a call recently from a guy who wanted to fly me to California to be his companion for a week and be in commercials for a European hearing aid product set to hit the American market. He was going to sign me to a HUGE modeling contract and pay me also to be by his side the entire time. I knew it was a scam just from the amount of money involved, so I decided to follow it through to see where the hook was. Sure enough, in order to receive the money they were sending via Western Union, I had to pay a hefty "acceptance" fee to show I was really going to participate in the shoot. When I refused, they dropped the payment by five times and started a guilt and pressure campaign to make me come through. When I still refused they threatened to call the FBI because I was somehow participating in international fraud of funds by wire transfer.

These guys are very slick and use ScotiaBank logos and official-sounding titles at the hearing aid company. They try to book all this in a very tight window to make you feel pressure to get it done quickly. I've had a few others like this pop up through a modeling website, but nothing this sophisticated.

Just FYI

Archived