THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Met Opera, 2013-2014 Season

WilliamM
This topic is 4229 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Met's new season has already been discussed here, but perhaps not the dates. I have cut back on trips to New York, so Tuesday will be my first visit to the Met this season. With that in mind, I am only picking operas I have not seen before:

Prince Igor

Two Boys

Werther

I also might be able to fit in an opera I love, but have seen too often, only because there's a week night performance I can attend:

Eugene Onegin

Would very much enjoy hearing from others!

Have you seen Onegin at the Met? If it's their standard production, it's wonderful.

Yes I did. I agree that it's superb. And I want to hear Anna Netrebko in the lead role. The problem is my living 90 minutes from New York. Can I justify seeing both Fleming & Netrebko in Onegin instead of operas I have never seen anywhere.

it is a new production, and it has had very mixed reviews in London where it is coming from-so be warned!

Of course, it would help the season continue if they didn't try to burn the house down last night during Don Carlo. :)

Nothing like having a stage hand wander onto the stage of a period piece toting a fire extinguisher.

Archived