THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

My first time being flown.

jameswonderful
This topic is 4222 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, this story also has an educational side. You learned that there are clients you cannot rely on. Imagine that the client had asked you to get your tickets yourself and that he gave you "his word" that he'd pay you back when the two of you met ... (I'm sorry, but these things do happen.)

This story is also educational in the fact that it's better to go someplace on your own and have several clients backed up than to rely on just 1 to fly you out. That however, does not mean clients can bail on the premise of, "he'll be okay...another client will book him". Integrity hasn't gone out of fashion.

This is how it's usually going to be...when you're new. Usually it's more of a, "are you going to be coming up this way sometime?" or meet them at the same time they are there. In that case, they usually do keep their word.

Really? I've been on many flights where anyone check his bags at the jetway, and they're brought out for you when you deplane. But this is the first I've heard of it being done for one person. Are you one of those mega-platinum level folks?

It used to be that flight attendants would agree to put my bag in the coat closet if I was flying first, but nowadays, they rarely agree to do that. So I have to get some kind gentleman to lift my bag up.

I travel with a bag the just fits in the overhead bin, and a computer bag with enough for me to survive for a day.

I take it up all the way to the door and sweetly say: "Oh, this looks like a full flight! Want this one down below?" They almost always agree, put your seat number on it, and 9 times out of 10 its waiting for you next to the door when you exit the plane.

I'm really sorry about the cancellation. It's not right for a client to waste your time that way. But I agree with Xander that it's better than your going out there only to find that he didn't show up at the airport. And that's not even considering the "I'll pay you back" scenario.

Really? I've been on many flights where anyone check his bags at the jetway, and they're brought out for you when you deplane. But this is the first I've heard of it being done for one person. Are you one of those mega-platinum level folks?

It used to be that flight attendants would agree to put my bag in the coat closet if I was flying first, but nowadays, they rarely agree to do that. So I have to get some kind gentleman to lift my bag up.

Actually it is usually the other way around, especially on the regional jets but it can happen on any when "everyone" brings a bag and the kitchen sink on board. Usually they ask for volunteers to check bags "at the gate", then, if not enough volunteer, they "pick" enough to make room. They are handed down at the Jetway to baggage smashers and then handed back up to the Jetway after landing. It isn't a very good system if for no other reason than it creates a log jam in the Jetway.

I remember the first time I flew into JFK. I was determined a taxi driver was not going to rip me off. I needed to get to Teterboro, NJ and the dispatcher was quoting double the meter which I thought to be a rip off. So I went down the ranks asking if anyone would take me to NJ for the meter. After about 20 cabs down the line I got an agreement. Later I found out I had ripped off the driver but this was before the "regulations and fares" were as well publicized as they are now. Also this driver picked up another fare going near where I was going so likely everyone was happy in the end. :)

Best regards,

KMEM

You obviously have never met Daddy...lol lol....he can be very persuasive.

Archived