THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

PNP and Drug Overdose

Steven_Draker
This topic is 4237 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was wondering to what extend an OD is considered a suicide, an accident or could mask a murder?

This is a serious question. It came to my knowledge that in our imperfect world, someone who isn't very well-intentioned can give a little "push" to an unaware/inexperienced person who participates innocently in a little "party and play" ... And since every human body reacts differently to different substances ... when the crucial moment comes, the "pusher" is suddenly vanishing from the fields.

We all have heard of people being HIV-infected at PNP parties, some by reckless behavior, others deliberately, but this thing above goes far and beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

I was wondering to what extend an OD is considered a suicide, an accident or could mask a murder?

This is a serious question. It came to my knowledge that in our imperfect world, someone who isn't very well-intentioned can give a little "push" to an unaware/inexperienced person who participates innocently in a little "party and play" ... And since every human body reacts differently to different substances ... when the crucial moment comes, the "pusher" is suddenly vanishing from the fields.

We all have heard of people being HIV-infected at PNP parties, some by reckless behavior, others deliberately, but this thing above goes far and beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

E. All of the above.

It's the identity of the perpetrator and the intent that determines the nature of the event.

Death by asphyxiation, for example, can be intentionally self-inflicted (suicide), accidental (e..g during auto-erotic play) or intentionally inflicted by a another.

Only slightly off topic:

One of our residents in Anesthesia was hosting his Mother and Sister, during a family Wedding (I think). It was some familial occasion.

He had sufentanil = about 800 times more potent than morphine.

He injected himself BUT he had the antidote drawn up and ready to go. He died anyway.

Suicide? Maybe. PNP gone awry? More like likely. We'll never know. Pity, too, as he was a handsome Hunk and a good student.

Archived