THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Arpad Miklos Deceased

JT Brooklyn
This topic is 4265 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I never knew Arpad other than by his work which I admired and enjoyed immensely. For me, he was the ultimate and perfect man, the beefy, strapping "man's man" many of us dream of. Who can say what goes on in a person's mind that they find themselves at such a low point that the only way out is suicide. I am sure his friends were aware that all was not well and did all they could, at least I hope so. It’s sad to see another of our community come to such a tragic end, and I wish Arpad peace and hopefully his family and friends will someday be able to think of him with only fondness and love, and not the heartache that is obviously gripping them today.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving tribute from Jillian Page

GLAAD and others have written that there is seldom a single reason for why someone chooses to take their own life. It’s complex, usually a combination of several factors. I lost a friend recently to suicide, and I have seen the heavy toll it has exacted on those who love her.

So, it is with sadness and empathy today that I note the passing of adult film star Arpad Miklos, who was also very active in the gay community, and is remembered as a man with a lot of compassion who contributed to charities, says New York writer Randal Lynch on an instalment of the GwistTV “Gwissues” show. In other words, Arpad was a lot more than an actor.

No, I didn’t know him, nor did I ever see him perform. But I know one adult film star, and I am sure he is hurting today over the loss of a colleague and, perhaps, friend. And I am sure Arpad’s loved ones and friends and other colleagues are mourning, too.

According to the New York Daily News, Arpad left a note, saying that he “knows there will be judgement, the haters can hate and speculate” but he did not give a specific reason as to why he killed himself.

I hope people will not judge Arpad, or speculate, or hate. This is one of those times to remember grandma’s advice: if you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all.

Rest in peace, Arpad.

Jillian

Archived