THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Master Cory

ErieBear
This topic is 4286 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just saw this ad in the Vegas section. Wondered if anyone knows anything about him...

http://www.rentboy.com/Listing.aspx?lid=319885&scid=85681814&sp=2&pos=28&locid=1545&iid=164903

There's a couple of red flags, but I wondered if anyone knows anything first hand.

Ordinarily, I do not join the red flag patrol. However, in the picture the guy has a 1980's haircut and a digital watch to match. Retro night at the neighborhood watering hole or old picture: you decide.

Ordinarily, I do not join the red flag patrol. However, in the picture the guy has a 1980's haircut and a digital watch to match. Retro night at the neighborhood watering hole or old picture: you decide.

That was exactly one of the issues that I meant...

The watch he;'s wearing in the picture with the dumbbell is similar to the cheap digital watch I wear to the gym - the plastic strap is impervious to sweat and I use the chronometer functions to time intervals between sets. FWIW.

A long-time, persistent fraud. This perp has another picture that he uses occasionally.

What happens if one reports the fraudulent pics to rent boy? Are any actions taken, or don't they care so long as they make their money-am curious? I recently reported one guy on gaydar who was using Marc Dylans pic as his-pretty dumb, but when I called him on it he said: yes I am marc Dylan and i havent replied to you as I dont like your profile pic"! I chatted to the real marc Dylan and then reported the fraud to gaydar, but it took several persistent emails before they deleted the profile. It then went up again immediately the next day with the same pic.....

The short answer is, usually nothing happens.

RB takes the position that they are a listing service like the phone book. They are not tasked with warranting that the listings are accurate.

On the other hand, if the owner of the stolen picture makes a fuss and demands that it be taken down, they occasionally comply.

Most of the listings on RB are fraudulent in at least some respect: not the advertiser's picture; an old picture, no longer an accurate depiction of the advertiser; false written description of the advertiser; and so forth.

Archived