THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Verified Vincent in NYC?

dutchal
This topic is 4280 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There's a new listing on masseurfinder.com for a drop dead gorgeous guy named Vincent: http://www.masseurfinder.com/members/a9556.shtml

His rates include a 30 minute option, so that suggests something.

The listing says he's been verified by the administrator of the site. A little google sleuthing shows that the one "testimonial" is identical to that for another masseur (Connor in Frisco on massagem4m).

The masseur's pics are very clearly those of a Russian model, Oleg Panov. At least one of the videos to which he links is online as a screen test for the same model.

The masseur has another ad, same phone number, different name, in which he claims to be from Prague, where he uses the same review: http://www.masseur212.com/

So what is this verification worth? I suppose there is a small chance the masseur is the model, but . . . .

It looks like the "verification" is actually part of the individual ad copy or headline that the masseur enters himself. Check out other ads on the site - in that same spot for Armani in NYC, for example, it says "Take Advantage Of The Best Hands In New York". I'm guessing Vincent typed that "verification" statement himself.

The fact that he misspelled "verified" as "virified" made me check.

It looks like the "verification" is actually part of the individual ad copy or headline that the masseur enters himself. Check out other ads on the site - in that same spot for Armani in NYC, for example, it says "Take Advantage Of The Best Hands In New York". I'm guessing Vincent typed that "verification" statement himself.

The fact that he misspelled "verified" as "virified" made me check.

OMG -- I can't believe I missed the grotesquely obvious misspelling!

Good catch.

OMG -- I can't believe I missed the grotesquely obvious misspelling!

Good catch.

Well I knew that his claim that Admin "virified" him, lol lol... was simply ad copy, and not a real verification, but the misspelling I did not see, and frankly I am a little upset that I missed that. Must be slipping in my old age.

Well I knew that his claim that Admin "virified" him, lol lol... was simply ad copy, and not a real verification, but the misspelling I did not see, and frankly I am a little upset that I missed that. Must be slipping in my old age.

Ahh-I'll go with Middle rather than 'Old Age'- the time of your life where you can remember the stinging slights by people from high school better than what you had for breakfast yesterday morning.

Rex

One would really think that by now, clients are onto these scams, both on Masseurfinder and M4M. It isn't the Murray Hill Gang any more, but it's the same scam, just in different locations.

I wonder if people ARE onto these scams? I hope so, but these guys wouldn't advertise unless they were able to entice rubes and suckers.

Too bad. It's turned me away from choosing from these sites, and I'm sure it has hurt the honest masseurs out there.

Latest installment: I e-mailed the site to alert them, and was surprised to get this response:

"this is [name] with Masseurfinder customer support. We have "virified" this member via a Skype session, to ensure that he is the person in his photos.

:)

[name] S.

Masseurfinder customer support"

I replied:

"That's interesting since the photos and videos all portray a well-known model who lives in Moscow.

But thanks for responding."

No further response yet.

Latest installment: I e-mailed the site to alert them, and was surprised to get this response:

"this is [name] with Masseurfinder customer support. We have "virified" this member via a Skype session, to ensure that he is the person in his photos.

:)

[name] S.

Masseurfinder customer support"

I replied:

"That's interesting since the photos and videos all portray a well-known model who lives in Moscow.

But thanks for responding."

No further response yet.

Hmm- of course we all know that 'vir' is the Latin word for man ( from which we also obviously get the word 'virile'). Maybe they are asserting they know this guy is a man or that they in some fashion 'made a man of him'

Rex

This is so strange. The site itself emailed back with the same mispelling? At the same time they claim they actually did verify him... it is so confusing. Also, if you click the ad now, it looks like they tried to correct the spelling -- its now "Vierfied"!

Archived