THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

curious about no parking

niceshyone
This topic is 4288 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This Yelp review thread gets the flavor about right:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/no-parking-new-york

...although I would discount some of the negatives, as with any Yelp reviews.

I went there only once, just before moving out of town; had a blast. Stayed til the wee hours, ended up (via introduction by one of mgt whom I knew) being taken home and fucked well by 2 sweet gorgeous black guys. (And generously given shelter, which I needed, being destitute and homeless at that moment.)

Many guys there are gay and out; some others are on the DL, at least in front of their bros, although anybody who chooses to go there is fooling no one. :) In all events, some considerable opportunity to pick up guys for takeout at far below market rates, if that's what you're looking for. Among both dancers and patrons. (That's what I went to The Web for, and invariably found.) The audience is much more mixed than at The Web (understandably, given the neighborhood), which I also enjoyed. Suspect you could find patrons looking to hook up on a purely 'civilian' basis as well.

Neighborhood seemed safe enough to use public transport; at least my little white ass had no trouble. A Yelp review reports a parking deck next door. No firsthand experience about crowds/peak times; one Yelp post describes a mostly white audience early evening, getting darker and much more crowded as the evening progresses.

Not, in closing, altogether sure if self-described 'nice people' are quite who you go there for! :cool: (Although in truth I found many.)

Thank you for your review.

The comments that you supply gives me the impression that the people are more friendly, like the web, than places which shall remain unnamed, which are purely business.

I also noticed the early evening comment which, combined with what I read on google, causes me to wonder if the area may be fine in the early evening yet could be more questionable later in the evening.

When it doesn't get dark at 5:00 pm, and if I'm still curious, I might take a look one early evening.

I've lived around the corner from No Parking for 4 years...I haven't been because the bar scene isn't my thing (I don't drink) but I can assure you the neighborhood is as safe as anywhere in NYC. It's near columbia presbyterian hospital and Yeshiva university and lots of young single people and young families with kids live there. Washington Heights still has a "dangerous" rep because it was the center of the Columbian cocaine trade in the 1980's but those days are far far behind and the neighborhood is truly one of the best kept secrets in NYC. As with anywhere in NYC, you should always be mindful...but don't let the fact that it's an "ethnic" neighborhood scare you...it's quickly becoming an extremely popular neighborhood and surprisingly gay-friendly (the diner near my apartment has a big rainbow flag hanging from its awning and it's not even remotely a gay-owned or operated establishment). I hear No Parking is particularly fun on WEDNESDAYS when they have a night called "Cock Fight" when I believe they get lots of very hot gogo boys. Have fun!!

The comments that you supply gives me the impression that the people are more friendly, like the web, than places which shall remain unnamed, which are purely business.

That's it, exactly. Very first time there, it felt like family.

it's quickly becoming an extremely popular neighborhood and surprisingly gay-friendly (the diner near my apartment has a big rainbow flag hanging from its awning and it's not even remotely a gay-owned or operated establishment). I hear No Parking is particularly fun on WEDNESDAYS when they have a night called "Cock Fight" when I believe they get lots of very hot gogo boys. Have fun!!

Thank you!! My first destination next time I get to the city.

Archived