THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

DC Omega or Secrets?

geoffk
This topic is 4320 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've never been to Omega so I'll let someone else from DC comment. Secrets is great but it isn't close to Dupont at all.

As far as restaurants near Dupont, I've always had a great meal (and time) at Level One. Annie's Paramount Steakhouse (where we are having the DC forum get-together) is always good and dependable. If you are looking for seafood, Hank's Oyster Bar is really good.

Have a great time.

geoffk,

Hope you will give us a rundown of your visit to Secrets. I'd recommend it over Omega, which was a waste of time the last time I was in D.C. on a Saturday night. The dancers at Secrets should keep you more than entertained for the night.

I' m staying in Dupont Circle on Wednesday night. Has anyone been to Omega? Since it is close by seems like a good choice to go there instead of Secrets. Let me know what you think. Any restaurant recommendations near Dupont Circle?

Guest countryboywny

geoffk,

I was at Omega for one of their "stripper" nights a (long) while back.. it wasn't much. One guy on the bar in his underwear, chatting with someone. Secrets is much better.. however, still not as good as the pre-stadium days of the southeast!

Ok so i took the info here and just went to Secrets. The limo ride from DuPont is $20 per person. If you have more than 1 person may be less expensive to take a cab.

But everyone decided to leave at the same time after the strip contest so that got a little hairy outside. I find that Secrets is changed since they were closed down for a week or so a few years ago. Maybe it's just me but the dancers seem to mostly stand at their posts and rarely roam around. Perhaps I'm not tipping enough, but I usually will if I find a reason to do so. IDK maybe I just wasn't into it last night. There were at least ten guys. Christian who looks the part told me Christopher Atkins (from Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields) is his father.. He looks just like Atkins in that movie pic. Other guys were nice looking. But I didn't really talk to many of them. It's hard to talk to the guys here bc even when they are on the lower platforms you still have to look up and they never stop dancing to talk, it must be a house rule a guess.

Guest countryboywny
Ok so i took the info here and just went to Secrets. The limo ride from DuPont is $20 per person. If you have more than 1 person may be less expensive to take a cab.

But everyone decided to leave at the same time after the strip contest so that got a little hairy outside. I find that Secrets is changed since they were closed down for a week or so a few years ago. Maybe it's just me but the dancers seem to mostly stand at their posts and rarely roam around. Perhaps I'm not tipping enough, but I usually will if I find a reason to do so. IDK maybe I just wasn't into it last night. There were at least ten guys. Christian who looks the part told me Christopher Atkins (from Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields) is his father.. He looks just like Atkins in that movie pic. Other guys were nice looking. But I didn't really talk to many of them. It's hard to talk to the guys here bc even when they are on the lower platforms you still have to look up and they never stop dancing to talk, it must be a house rule a guess.

\

Your experience is exactly why I said "still not as good as the pre-stadium days of the southeast". The dancers there are usually hot and are nice to watch.. but that's about it. Very little conversation. I will say that at last year's MAL/DC Luncheon event I got one guy to come over and meet my friends because I asked him to marry me. LOL. LBT was going to be the best man, Ace would officiate, NYTomcat was going to sing and the ceremony was going to take place on the corner of 17th and Q! He left me at the altar!

Good to hear about your visit to DC and your earlier visit to NYC this week-

I had the same experience at Secrets...nice looking guys, but little interaction with customers...they don't stop to chat or mingle with customers even if you tip them. It's not like Swinging Richards where the dancers will hit you up for lap dances...at Secret's there's no monetary incentive for the dancers.

So, how were the amateurs - any stand-outs?? I always have a fantasy that some buff military stud would strut his stuff at Secrets, given the big military presence in D.C. -

• 2 weeks later...

I had the most wonderful time at secrets. the strippers were extremely well built, classically handsome, playful and engaging. Omega's strippers weren't the quintessential 'studs' found at secrets, the men dancing there were to my tastes far more sexy and attractive. if I could only make one club while in DC it would be Omega.

I had the most wonderful time at secrets. the strippers were extremely well built, classically handsome, playful and engaging. Omega's strippers weren't the quintessential 'studs' found at secrets, the men dancing there were to my tastes far more sexy and attractive. if I could only make one club while in DC it would be Omega.

is it just me, or does this reply confuse you? mancrazy says how good the strippers were at Secrets, and how less "studly" they were at Omega. but they he says the men dancing "there" (is that there at Omega or Secrets) more his tastes.. and he prefered Omega..

Just not sure if he is trying to promote Omega or Secrets.....

is it just me, or does this reply confuse you? mancrazy says how good the strippers were at Secrets, and how less "studly" they were at Omega. but they he says the men dancing "there" (is that there at Omega or Secrets) more his tastes.. and he prefered Omega..

Just not sure if he is trying to promote Omega or Secrets.....

keep in mind that Omega does not have a nude license; Secrets dancers are fully nude every night they are open.

Archived