THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Seminar in Los Angeles

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4329 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had the opportunity to see the production of SEMINAR at the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles last week. The production starring Jeff Goldblum played a limited run and closed three days ago and had all of the original production team involved in the staging .

The play was written by Theresa Rebeck who is probably best known for creating the NBC backstage musical series SMASH.

Mr. Goldblum took over the lead role on Broadway of an acerbic writing professor who offers 8 week seminars to teach a select group of students who each pay $5,000.00 to have their work critiqued (read savaged).

The play is performed in a series of blackout scenes and has much the same feel as GOD OF CARNAGE seen last season.

While I was a bit apprehensive as to whether I would enjoy an exercise in biting sarcasm and savage criticism, the performances grew on me over time and I enjoyed it very much.

Sorry I was unable to give a more timely review in order to allow others to catch a performance before it closed. Since I am not sure of any plans to continue a tour, I can't give you any help in finding a production, but if it does turn up near you , I could recommend it based on what I saw.

I had the opportunity to see the production of SEMINAR at the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles last week. The production starring Jeff Goldblum played a limited run and closed three days ago and had all of the original production team involved in the staging .

The play was written by Theresa Rebeck who is probably best known for creating the NBC backstage musical series SMASH.

Mr. Goldblum took over the lead role on Broadway of an acerbic writing professor who offers 8 week seminars to teach a select group of students who each pay $5,000.00 to have their work critiqued (read savaged).

The play is performed in a series of blackout scenes and has much the same feel as GOD OF CARNAGE seen last season.

While I was a bit apprehensive as to whether I would enjoy an exercise in biting sarcasm and savage criticism, the performances grew on me over time and I enjoyed it very much.

Sorry I was unable to give a more timely review in order to allow others to catch a performance before it closed. Since I am not sure of any plans to continue a tour, I can't give you any help in finding a production, but if it does turn up near you , I could recommend it based on what I saw.

[/color][/size][/font]

I loved it on Broadway and thought star Alan Rickman was terrific as were Hamish Linklater and Lily Rabe. But Jeff Goldblum? I can't see that at all.

Archived