THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Giant

skynyc
This topic is 4339 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Saw the new musical by Michael John LaChiusa last night and thought it really remarkable. One of the best new musical I have seen in a long time. Brian D'Arcy James and Kate Baldwin bring Bick and Leslie to life beautifully. The score is stunning, every song in the second act is better than the one before. I walked into the lobby and asked if the show was being recorded...I would have bought the CD instantly, so that I could go home and listen again.

There's no dancing to speak of, just the epic story of Ferber's novel...and the progression (and jumps of time) of the 27 years is natural and well portrayed.

The heartache, the sorrows and joys, there are just wonderful moments.

Michelle Pawk as Luz was not in good voice last night, but the rest of the cast is super, particularly of note is Katie Thompson, as Vashti, whose song in the first act had everyone wondering "who is this girl?" and whose song in the second act had everyone relieved that she had a second song.

I hope this extends so that I can see it again, at this smaller theater. And I hope it transfers to Broadway. I don't often suggest that!

Archived