THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Well Strung

edjames
This topic is 4339 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The aftermath of Hurricane Sandy here in NYC left me in a mood that I can only describe as "Miserable". I could deal with walking up and down 12 flights of stairs (it got easier every day), no electric, no heat, hot water, no water- period, no working toilet, no subways, buses, and to top it all off Caremark/CVS refuses to fill my insulin prescription because they are having difficulty reading the dispensing instructions. They want to speak to the doctor. Guess where the doctor's office is....NYU Medical Center!!! NYU is closed and will be for quite some time due to the flooding in the basement and the damage to all its electrical systems. I am having problems tracking the doctor down but hopefully I will be able to get to him tomorrow (a holiday!) or Tuesday. Fingers crossed. Yes I am searching for another endocrinologist.

All that aside, I had to miss a couple of B'way shows but I’ll make an effort to get to those box offices this week and reschedule those performances.

I've been sitting home in a complete and utter funk. But, there was some glimmer of hope in the horizon last night. I had a ticket to see a group of young, handsome, gay classically trained chamber music musicians perform in NYC. The group is called Well Strung and I can gladly shout that their performance roused me out of my funk, put a smile on my face and gave me hope for the future. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this show. Now many of you will say "Ugh! Classical music!" and I have to warn you that this is not your usual fare of Mozart, Beethoven and Bach, this is classical music with a modern day twist and these guys really deliver the goods by infusing pop songs into their repertoire. How about Rihana, Britany Spears, Whitney Houston, Adele, Pink and others? The sold out crowd loved them. Yes, they threw in a few classical pieces by Vivaldi, Dvorak, and Mozart. These guys could be destined for real success in the industry. They are recording a CD and have another NYC performance scheduled.

So, keep an eye out and if you’re so inclined, I recommend them highly.

http://well-strung.com/about.asp

Check out the YouTube videos but they really do not do justice to the live performance, AND....I almost forgot, they can sing too!!!!

ED

I saw them this summer in Provincetown and was pleased when I saw they were coming to NY. Hope to see them again. They're playing in rep with Jeffrey Robison, aka Varla Jean Merman in the opera "The Medium" which I understand he sings in the correct key. Hoping to catch that as well. I hope they both extend their runs.

The aftermath of Hurricane Sandy here in NYC left me in a mood that I can only describe as "Miserable". I could deal with walking up and down 12 flights of stairs (it got easier every day), no electric, no heat, hot water, no water- period, no working toilet, no subways, buses, and to top it all off Caremark/CVS refuses to fill my insulin prescription because they are having difficulty reading the dispensing instructions. They want to speak to the doctor. Guess where the doctor's office is....NYU Medical Center!!! NYU is closed and will be for quite some time due to the flooding in the basement and the damage to all its electrical systems. I am having problems tracking the doctor down but hopefully I will be able to get to him tomorrow (a holiday!) or Tuesday. Fingers crossed. Yes I am searching for another endocrinologist.

All that aside, I had to miss a couple of B'way shows but I’ll make an effort to get to those box offices this week and reschedule those performances.

I've been sitting home in a complete and utter funk. But, there was some glimmer of hope in the horizon last night. I had a ticket to see a group of young, handsome, gay classically trained chamber music musicians perform in NYC. The group is called Well Strung and I can gladly shout that their performance roused me out of my funk, put a smile on my face and gave me hope for the future. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this show. Now many of you will say "Ugh! Classical music!" and I have to warn you that this is not your usual fare of Mozart, Beethoven and Bach, this is classical music with a modern day twist and these guys really deliver the goods by infusing pop songs into their repertoire. How about Rihana, Britany Spears, Whitney Houston, Adele, Pink and others? The sold out crowd loved them. Yes, they threw in a few classical pieces by Vivaldi, Dvorak, and Mozart. These guys could be destined for real success in the industry. They are recording a CD and have another NYC performance scheduled.

So, keep an eye out and if you’re so inclined, I recommend them highly.

http://well-strung.com/about.asp

Check out the YouTube videos but they really do not do justice to the live performance, AND....I almost forgot, they can sing too!!!!

ED

Were they shirtless?

Varla and Well Strung ended their engagements last night (Nov 11).

I'm also sad to report operalover that Well Strung were not shirtless. They all wore black heans, one violinist wore a black tank, the cellist one wore a deep vee neck black tee, the other violinist wore a regular black tee, and the violist a black long sleeved shirt.

Varla and Well Strung ended their engagements last night (Nov 11).

I'm also sad to report operalover that Well Strung were not shirtless. They all wore black heans, one violinist wore a black tank, the cellist one wore a deep vee neck black tee, the other violinist wore a regular black tee, and the violist a black long sleeved shirt.

It was just a joke. The way their being marketed I just assumed they'd be shirtless :)

Archived