THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Happy Columbus Day

Karl-G
This topic is 4369 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Here is some music and entertainment in honor of Christopher Columbus.

"I am the Monarch of the Sea"

"We Sail the Ocean Blue"

"My Gallant Crew, Good Morning"

The production company is Australian, and the cast album for this is the most popular recording in Australian history, according to the blurb.

Well, I was so wanting some songs to sing for Columbus Day, but now that it has passed, well, these just won't do! :)

Well the "real" Columbus Day - not the travel industry induced perversity - is in fact today, October 12th. So Lucky, you can start singing . . .

Come on!!

We're waiting. LOL

Well, gee whiz, count me surprised. I Googled the information before I posted, so I thought I was right. But today then is the actual day that Columbus was the first person to discover what is now America. On Monday I wondered why little mention was made of the holiday. I guess that's what they get for commemorating things on different days than they should. Golly. Let the singing begin!

Happy Columbus Day

Yes, today, Oct. 12, is the REAL Columbus Day.

Am I the only one who still enjoys Gilbert and Sullivan? As I was looking around for good YouTube videos of these songs, I found many college, high school, and community theater presentations. Not very good. Then I found these videos, which I thought were very enjoyable, with excellent video and sound, very good singing, and the best choreography I have ever seen for G&S. All G&S operettas are campy, but this new production is really good, IMO. We don't get any G&S down here in S. Florida. : - (

Oh well.

Archived