THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Adam in Chicago?

rickx
This topic is 4387 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest verymarried

I'm still curious what exactly does a scammer like this expect to happen? You hire him based on his pics, he shows up, he doesn't match the pics, ....then what? 1. You take one look and tell him to get lost.. or? 2. He talks his way in your door and you rationalize that he's not all that bad and go ahead with the transaction? 3. He threatens you or robs you? 4. What else?

I'm still curious what exactly does a scammer like this expect to happen? You hire him based on his pics, he shows up, he doesn't match the pics, ....then what? 1. You take one look and tell him to get lost.. or? 2. He talks his way in your door and you rationalize that he's not all that bad and go ahead with the transaction? 3. He threatens you or robs you? 4. What else?

A lot of people (including myself when I had less guts and experience) would go through with it rather than face confronting them (if they weren't heinously unattractive), whether for fear of reprisal or just out of fear of confrontation. It's especially conflicting when they're already in your home, possibly demanding some sort of compensation just for showing up if you chose to call them on the deception, and I suspect many of us are all too happy to fork over some sort of cancellation fee despite them being scammers. In a doorman building in particular, you might consider that a better option than the scammer creating some sort of scene.

Archived