THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Montreal in late September Update

Jake
This topic is 4394 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'll write a much more detailed recap, but sitting in the hotel lobby at 3:27am. Can't sleep. Tonight was night 2 of a 5 day visit. I was a little freaked out reading the posts about disappearing curtains a few weeks ago, but can say what a few others have said... don't panic. It's still Montreal. You'll still have fun. There are still plenty of hot guys baring all.

Campus - B-... been pregaming as always and heading down St. Catherine at about 8:30/9ish. A couple standouts. One guy that has had my undivided attention is a hairy chested early 20 something named Raphael.... just gorgeous boy next door good looks, dark eyes and hair and a smile to die for. Masculine, about 6 feet tall and maybe 170lbs... just a little bit of muscle. Normally I despise chest hair but he makes it sexy. The overall lineup is definitely decent. I've done one private dance and sure I miss the curtains, but I was able to have fun and its not like it's a completely open space like Boardwalk. It's like mini cubicles... if someone's getting a dance across the way from you, theyll see in. Otherwise, it's pretty private. And 1/2 price dances make it far more enjoyable.

Stock... D. Sorry, we've given it the college try twice, but Stock's been a ghost town. Granted, we roll in around 9pm to beat the cover. But we usually are on our way within a few minutes.

JP... B-. Not a bad lineup, but no standouts. Shawn the muscle twink from VideoBoys (or is it Squirtz) is still there. I love the layout of the place, youre really close. But I hate the lack of lighting on the dancers.

Taboo... A-. My buddy and I are twink lovers, so hands down, most of our time and cash is spent at the 'boo. Great lineup this trip... with a couple "how did you get a job here" types mixed in... maybe theyre trying to have variety, but there are 2 guys who really should be part of the latenight lineup at Campus. For the first time since I've been there, there are now curtains up at Taboo, but the dancer I took back still was super cautious.

Been a fun trip so far. Like I said, Ill post way more in detail soon... trying to take some notes on the iPhone. :)

Thanks, Jake -- looking forward to the sequel and the details. One question. You wrote

...Campus - B-... been pregaming as always and heading down St. Catherine at about 8:30/9ish. ...My buddy and I are twink lovers...
If you're twink lovers, why wait till the early shift at Campus is essentially over? (On my last few visits, the early shift has mostly been gorgeous swimmers, but there were a few twinks or near-twinks who disappeared promptly when the clock struck 9).

And 1/2 price dances make it far more enjoyable.

Are the dancers at Campus really offering $10 dances? Or, do they just agree to it begrudgingly when you insist upon it? I think I might end up spending at least as much money in the long run at $10/dance, but I'd enjoy the extra time. On the other hand, if the dancer doesn't feel good about the reduced rate, I can't imagine that the performance would be top-notch.

I'll write a much more detailed recap, but sitting in the hotel lobby at 3:27am. Can't sleep. Tonight was night 2 of a 5 day visit. I was a little freaked out reading the posts about disappearing curtains a few weeks ago, but can say what a few others have said... don't panic. It's still Montreal. You'll still have fun. There are still plenty of hot guys baring all.

Campus - B-... been pregaming as always and heading down St. Catherine at about 8:30/9ish. A couple standouts. One guy that has had my undivided attention is a hairy chested early 20 something named Raphael.... just gorgeous boy next door good looks, dark eyes and hair and a smile to die for. Masculine, about 6 feet tall and maybe 170lbs... just a little bit of muscle. Normally I despise chest hair but he makes it sexy. The overall lineup is definitely decent. I've done one private dance and sure I miss the curtains, but I was able to have fun and its not like it's a completely open space like Boardwalk. It's like mini cubicles... if someone's getting a dance across the way from you, theyll see in. Otherwise, it's pretty private. And 1/2 price dances make it far more enjoyable.

Stock... D. Sorry, we've given it the college try twice, but Stock's been a ghost town. Granted, we roll in around 9pm to beat the cover. But we usually are on our way within a few minutes.

JP... B-. Not a bad lineup, but no standouts. Shawn the muscle twink from VideoBoys (or is it Squirtz) is still there. I love the layout of the place, youre really close. But I hate the lack of lighting on the dancers.

Taboo... A-. My buddy and I are twink lovers, so hands down, most of our time and cash is spent at the 'boo. Great lineup this trip... with a couple "how did you get a job here" types mixed in... maybe theyre trying to have variety, but there are 2 guys who really should be part of the latenight lineup at Campus. For the first time since I've been there, there are now curtains up at Taboo, but the dancer I took back still was super cautious.

Been a fun trip so far. Like I said, Ill post way more in detail soon... trying to take some notes on the iPhone. :)

Thank you so much Jake for the update. I read the goings on that you and 'corndog' and the other guys post about Montreal from time to time. Haven't been in years. This winter however, my friend really wants to put Montreal on the list, so it looks like January or February. Why the winter? I love Montreal in the winter sometimes, it is really a different vibe. Walking is a bit of problem, but all in all it can be fun. Thank you so much, and all the others that keep the rest of us updated. Your posts sparked my interest, and when my friend suggested a winter run, I was all in...LOL

Thanks, Jake -- looking forward to the sequel and the details. One question. You wrote

If you're twink lovers, why wait till the early shift at Campus is essentially over? (On my last few visits, the early shift has mostly been gorgeous swimmers, but there were a few twinks or near-twinks who disappeared promptly when the clock struck 9).

I guess usually it seems the beefy guys tend to take the spotlight at 9. Although we did stop in on the way back to the hotel late Friday night around 2am and there were a couple hot guys circulating. But we like to hit Taboo for the "prime time" hours.

Thank you so much Jake for the update. I read the goings on that you and 'corndog' and the other guys post about Montreal from time to time. Haven't been in years. This winter however, my friend really wants to put Montreal on the list, so it looks like January or February. Why the winter? I love Montreal in the winter sometimes, it is really a different vibe. Walking is a bit of problem, but all in all it can be fun. Thank you so much, and all the others that keep the rest of us updated. Your posts sparked my interest, and when my friend suggested a winter run, I was all in...LOL

Ah man, I hate the winters here! lol I love the street people watching on St. Catherine in the summer. The bitter cold hurts me. And I despise snow... it's nice on postcards. This visit was kind of a "last call" for us. For the next 5 or 6 months, itll definitely be Ft Lauderdale for us!

Are the dancers at Campus really offering $10 dances? Or, do they just agree to it begrudgingly when you insist upon it? I think I might end up spending at least as much money in the long run at $10/dance, but I'd enjoy the extra time. On the other hand, if the dancer doesn't feel good about the reduced rate, I can't imagine that the performance would be top-notch.

I guess I can't generalize much since I only did one private dance... but it was a brief discussion. It was about 2am and we left Taboo. I was horned up and we just popped in as we were walking by. The hairy chested guy I talked about got my juices flowing so I just pulled him aside as he was coming out of the back... I mentioned how Id read online that there's little privacy (to make him realize mostly that I knew dances were $10... it's not posted on signs as obviously as it is at Taboo or Stock). He said it wasn't so open... which was right, as I mentioned last night, it's like office cubicles but the divider walls go floor to ceiling. I just said $10 per song right, he nodded and we were off. He didn't really slow me down from doing anything. But again, this is just my experience with that one dancer. I see your logic.

yeah, I agree, if you like twinks you should go earlier to Campus. The shifts start changing by 8:30 with a lot of the early guys leaving and the late guys arriving. Go around 6 or 7 instead.

Apparently Stock doesn't really get going until after 10 or 10:30. When I was there just after 9 or 9:30 the boy I was chatting with said things don't pick up until later there. So, go back later if you want a big crowd. I am always happy when there isn't a lot of competition though so I am not put off by small crowds.

Apparently Stock doesn't really get going until after 10 or 10:30. When I was there just after 9 or 9:30 the boy I was chatting with said things don't pick up until later there. So, go back later if you want a big crowd. I am always happy when there isn't a lot of competition though so I am not put off by small crowds.

I agree that it is better earlier at Stock when the guys have just arrived and are fresh. Also true that it does not get going till 10:30 or 11:00. Between 9:00 and 10:00 there are hardly any patrons there......yet the full compliment of dancers is available. Perfect for me!!

Ah man, I hate the winters here! lol I love the street people watching on St. Catherine in the summer. The bitter cold hurts me. And I despise snow... it's nice on postcards. This visit was kind of a "last call" for us. For the next 5 or 6 months, itll definitely be Ft Lauderdale for us!

Aaahhh Fort Lauderdale, just got a place there, however I am in LA for now and since we have 75 degree winters, for many of us it is nice to see a change of weather, but I totally understand where you are coming from. I have friends in the North East, and while I always want to go back for the holidays, they think that I am crazy. LOL Thanks for all the info..great job.

I guess I was misunderstood... Campus is where we start to catch the younger college guys. We usually roll in around 6 or 7... and head out around 8:30/9.

It was a fun trip. Can't imagine JP has much time left... it was death in there, even though they had a couple really cute dancers. One was a blond guy from Toronto, so English was his first language... very boy next door type in his early 20s. I ended up spending time in the backroom with a rather trashy twink who had a tiny body I couldn't resist... ugh... even with his body odor and bad breath lol. (Judge if you will haha!) The backrooms at JP have Campus & Taboo beat by a mile. Very private, nice low lighting and many room choices... all with curtains. Sunday night there were about 5 dancers in the place so there were long gaps between songs. I was still here last night so I dropped in and I didn't see any customers or dancers period... just a couple (I'm assuming) dancers talking outside.

Sunday night Campus was average... last night, obviously quiet. The hairy chested dude I mentioned the other night was working again so got to see him a few more times on stage. He's not necessarily interesting or captivating in terms of his personality, but his performances are great... and his eyes/face... ugh amazing.

To clarify, I saw the discussion on another board... dances ARE $10 per song. That's if you keep your hands away from the underwear. $20 if you want to wander. I love the $10/song option... but I'm weird. :) I just like not rushing it back there. Dances were still $10 (and clearly marked so) at Taboo, which does still have curtains on most if not all booths. Didn't do any dances at Stock, but it's still $10 no curtain, $20 with curtain there. And JP... I think you can negotiate. The dancer I went up with... I insisted $50 for 5 songs... he tried to negotiate, but I wasn't having it. I probably would have tipped quite a bit had he not bickered.

Taboo was dead Sunday night... the 4 or 5 dancers we were avoiding Friday & Saturday night seemed to be the only ones there Sunday. Only a couple fairly cute guys... last night was understandably dead too. But some of the hot boys were there performing... Frederic, a cute dark haired Irish looking boy with nice abs and a sexy stare. Ryan, a lanky skateboarder twink. And a few others. There were usually between 6-10 customers in the place... so it was pretty dead.

Anyway, fun times in the old city this weekend. This will probably be my last visit til the snow and cold are long gone. I certainly didn't pack appropriately for this visit, thinking it would still be somewhat summerlike!

The best part of Montreal vs. Florida is that Montreal is SMOKE-FREE.

Taboo was dead Sunday night... the 4 or 5 dancers we were avoiding Friday & Saturday night seemed to be the only ones there Sunday..... There were usually between 6-10 customers in the place... so it was pretty dead.

Anyway, fun times in the old city this weekend. This will probably be my last visit til the snow and cold are long gone. I certainly didn't pack appropriately for this visit, thinking it would still be somewhat summerlike!

I thought the temps were fantastic in Montreal. No jacket or shorts needed. Not too hot, not too cold.

You were likely avoiding the same dancers I was avoiding (without success)! The super-old, flaming-fem guy that looked like Michael Chiklis, the 2 midgets, and the aggressive, black-haired, hairy guy that looked like a younger Sacha Baron Cohen, the actor who played Borat!

Just a couple? LOL

Yep, 80% of the guys there were cute... maybe not all my type personally, but cute. I'm realistic. Zac Efron and Justin Bieber don't need the cash to dance at Taboo. So if you go expecting one 16 Magazine pinup after another, you're going to be out of luck. These kids are generally tossed-out-of-their-home types with parents who can't deal with a gay kid... mixed in unfortunately with a lot of straight guys who are willing to do what they've gotta do to get a hit. That might sound depressing and of course there are many exceptions, but you'll find a lot of common denominators with the backgrounds of the guys who do this for a living.

I thought the temps were fantastic in Montreal. No jacket or shorts needed. Not too hot, not too cold.

Today was beautiful. Spent my last afternoon at La Fontaine Park and wandering St. Catherine one last time. Now I sit at the terminal, bummed to leave, awaiting my flight back to the States.

Archived