THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Skinny on DC now?

AdamSmith
This topic is 4398 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks. Good to know I didn't miss anything. Was out in the Dulles area on biz this week; concluded not worth dragging in for Secrets due to the enormous DMZ :) enforced there now. No touching any remotest Area of Interest.

What a sign of today's times that with Reagan regnant the city rocked, comparatively.

Adam,

You can thank the AIDS epidemic for a lot of the stringent regulations. DC has one of the highest per capita rates in the USA, surpassing NYC and SF, the last I heard. The other factor is the area that was torn down to make way for the Stadium. Many bars and clubs got the wrecking ball and there was not reasonable land or building for them to move into. In spite of supposedly being a bastion of liberal attitudes, some attitudes are strictly extreme right, which is ironic in the district that always votes democrat.

I lived there for one year, and was glad to leave.... it is a one horse town (government) and everything focus on the money it takes to get elected and get reelected. Nothing else matters very much, in spite of what the convention bureau and the chamber of commerce says.

Archived