THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

WSJ Has Fall Preview Today

Lucky
This topic is 4404 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I couldn't get through the novel, The Life of Pi, but the movie might be a different thing:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/08/13/arts/lifeofpi/lifeofpi-blog480.jpg

The Life of Pi is one of several movies featured in today's Fall Arts Preview in the Wall Street Journal. In theater, Al Pacino will command tickets as high as $297 for those wanting to see him scream for two hours in Glengarry Glen Ross. I'll be skipping that one. Music, books, art- the works, are covered in today's section. It's worth taking a look. Among other factoids, you can find out which movie is opening in the smallest number of theaters (2), the percentage of American museums that offer free admission, or the price of a premium ticket to the holiday show "Elf the Musical." Herman Wouk has a new novel coming out. Any guesses on his age?

Herman Wouk has a new novel coming out. Any guesses on his age?

I don't know how old Herman Wouk is now. I just looked at his books on Amazon. I had not realized I had read so many of them... I liked " The Caine Mutiny" very much. He wrote one masterpiece...many wish they could say the say, including me.

I couldn't get through the novel, The Life of Pi, but the movie might be a different thing:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/08/13/arts/lifeofpi/lifeofpi-blog480.jpg

T

I enjoyed the book very much. Spent a day and early evening at a Las Vegas pool enjoying the book and the scenery. Perhaps you just needed to be sitting by a pool with a gaggle of half naked men to appreciate the book However, i do not see it translating well to the movies. Well perhaps if they show it with a gaggle of naked men.

Archived