THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Marin Mazzie at 54 Below...

skynyc
This topic is 4407 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just back from a great night at New York's newest cabaret...under Studio 54.

Marin Mazzie, best known as a Tony nominee for Passion, Ragtime and Kiss Me Kate took a different route to the Cabaret show and brought a very personal selection of pop music tracing her growth from listening to her parents' groovy nightclub recordings of Rosemary Clooney (Come On-a My House), through her infatuation with David Cassidy (I Think I Love You) to necking with a boy in High School, (Weekends in New England.)

I don't want to give away any more of the song list, but if you grew up in the 70s and 80s, this will be a welcome ride down memory lane, executed beautifully by a singer who really knows what she is doing. Her song selection, arrangements and patter all make this a unique and thrilling evening.

Check out 54 Below's line-up this fall...there are a LOT of great Broadway voices coming through: Mary Testa, Julie Murney, Anne Hampton Calloway, Sherie Renee Scott, Liz Callaway and a return of the sensational show that Patti LuPone did to open the club in June. If you go, chances are you'll see me there...

I got my ticket for tonight discounted on Goldstar.com, which reduced the $45 cover charge to $28 which included a service charge and included a free drink, but there still was a $25 food/drink minimum. My gazpacho with a crab cake was perfect and my tamarind chicken was moist and flavorful.

Ms. Mazzie plays through Saturday night.

Archived