THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Judy Collins

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4415 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

While glancing at the program guide on cable I noticed a concert on PBS tonight. I recorded it so I could watch it later.

Can I just say that Judy Collins has a voice like fine crystal.

Taped at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC in front of multi-storied facades of Egyptian temples, her voice rang out so sweetly that it brought back memories from 50 years ago.

Of all the performing arts, it seems to me the artist most vulnerable to aging is a singer. The breathing, vocal strength, pitch and vibrato are seldom what they were in youth. Judy Collins is the exception. Her liquid voice is every bit the miraculous instrument it always was.

Oh man, hearing her sing, with her charm and grace was like being transported back in time. Standing there with her flowing white hair and clear voice she sang Send In The Clowns as the closing number.

Age has taken alot away from me, but this evening a true talent brought me back so much.

The build up to the event was strong, so glad to hear that it too went well. Can't say that I remember too many singing voices from 50 years ago- not even Annette Funicello!

Here is Judy performing Send in the Clowns in April:

[video=youtube;aluluPsHHnU]

(Say, jackhammer, it's another thread, but how about your Dodgers?!!!)

Archived