THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Mormon Not Selling Out in LA

Lucky
This topic is 4349 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am curious to what you guys paid for seats. In New York, the average ticket for Mormon is $189.

My seats for the PDX performance (coming up in January 2013) were $85 (orchestra center). My seats in NYC (coming up in April 2013) are part of a tour package and don't know the price per ticket.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info, One Finger. When the show was first selling tour tickets, I think they had the prices higher. With the Pantages in LA holding 2700 people, it would have been hard to find that many folks willing to pay out the nose for nosebleed seats. But $85 for center orchestra is darn good. Maybe I can fly Virgin up to Portland...

My seats for the PDX performance (coming up in January 2013) were $85 (orchestra center). My seats in NYC (coming up in April 2013) are part of a tour package and don't know the price per ticket.

That price, around $85, would get me into Row J of the mezzanine at the Pantages on the random night I checked. Plus booking fees...

That price, around $85, would get me into Row J of the mezzanine at the Pantages on the random night I checked. Plus booking fees...

Oh, man up all over yourself. (People who have seen the show will get that. :p)

At Pantages, Row J of mezzanine is a pretty good seat. It's the first row above the aisle so you don't have to worry about big hair in front of you.

I paid more than $100 but it's long ago enough I don't remember exactly. I *hated* the price when I bought the tickets, but still enjoyed the show immensely and don't regret it at all.

Oh, man up all over yourself. (People who have seen the show will get that. :p)

At Pantages, Row J of mezzanine is a pretty good seat. It's the first row above the aisle so you don't have to worry about big hair in front of you.

I paid more than $100 but it's long ago enough I don't remember exactly. I *hated* the price when I bought the tickets, but still enjoyed the show immensely and don't regret it at all.

I like the theater-going experience, and sharing a show with others; hearing their reactions, joining in, or wondering why they thought that was funny. But, going to a theater that seats 2700 people is more akin to an arena experience. I doubt that you feel much kinship with your seatmates a mile away. This has nothing to do with the play, I do want to see it, just not at the Pantages. And, hit me if you want to, I like going to the theater in New York, where the audience has some theater-going experience and knows how to behave. But, I do go to the Geffen, the Old Globe, and La Jolla Playhouse, where theater is serious and audiences appreciative of the experience.

Thanks for the information. For $300, I too would expect some pop. But $90 is much more reasonable. Alas, it is no longer available for the SF show:

"Tickets to THE BOOK OF MORMON are no longer available for the San Francisco engagement."

So, you might be able to sell it for $300!! Just kidding, I hope that the second time brings a happier experience for you.

...$85 for center orchestra is darn good. Maybe I can fly Virgin up to Portland...

Have a spare bedroom if you and the BF decide to come.

FYI, while my seats were only $85 each (I have a subscription to the Broadway Across America series), a co-worker paid a ticket broker almost $200 each for seats within spitting distance of me.

Different strokes

My ex saw the show on Sunday. He wasn't blown away by it. He thought it was funny, but not that funny. He had great seats, but he has a hearing problem now and couldn't hear much. He also was raised in a community that had a large Mormon population so he thinks maybe it seemed like what he could hear, he had heard before when he was growing up.

Anyway, in the interest of fairness, I thought I should add his impressions.

A friend saw the show in LA this past weekend. He said that he didn't like it so much in the first act, but loved the second act. So how's that for a mixed message?

He had never been to the Pantages before and found it to be ill-suited to theater. It's way too large, he thought. I have not been there myself.

of course, the bottom line is how the individual likes it himself, and I can't know that until I see it. I like the music that I have heard from it. And I am encouraged that jackhammer liked it enough to see it twice. So when I next have a chance to see it at a venue other than the Pantages, I will. Or, if someone gives me a house seat at the Pantages...:)

Archived