THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Potential good news for travelers to Brazil

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4460 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano was just in Brazil and signed an intent with the Brazilian authorities to study the possibility expanding the US visa waiver program to include Brazilians. Currently Brazilians have to physically appear at one of the US consulates in Brazil to apply for a US visa. Because of this, Brazil also impose a visa requirement on Americans who wish to visit Brazil.

Assuming the visa waiver Status is indeed granted for Brazilians, I would expect Brazil will then remove the visa requirement for Americans visiting Brazil for normal business or tourism visits. Yay!!! I have a 5 year visa that expires in July 2014. Hopefully I won't have to get another after. Anyway.....getting to Brazil to explore the talent there may soon get easier.

I can't include the article link as I don't know how to do it from my iPhone.

here's the most recent article on the subject I could find:

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/passport-and-visa-rulings/us-travel-association-commends-brazil-working-group-36187

since it's a travel agent site, it has more to do with Brazilians coming to the US, but it's the most recent article I could find.....back in April, there was a flurry of news about this, too....google if you want all that.....thanks, EZE

Archived