THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Bizarre US Sex Laws

This topic is 4471 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's sort of amusing to wonder what happened to make some lawmaker decide he needed to write those laws.

Getting caught having sex with a truck driver inside a toll booth is understandable (show of hands?), but the porcupine thing? Ouch!

A few more and confirmation of a few from :

http://digitaljournal.com/article/253517

Some other states have pretty liberal laws.

Alabama:

-sex toys are banned

-ancient law in Alabama bans men from attempting to seduce "a chaste woman by means of temptation, arts, deception, flattery or a promise of marriage."

Arizona:

perfectly all right for women to go topless in public, since breasts weren’t deemed private parts

California:

illegal for either partner to reach climax before the other during foreplay

Connecticut:

forbidding any "private sexual behavior between consenting adults."

Florida:

-two people cannot commit "unusual acts" together

-illegal to have sexual relations with a porcupine

-it an offense to shower in the nude

Georgia:

sexual intercourse between unmarried couples is illegal

Idaho:

not allowed to engage in any type of public display of affection for more than 18 min.

Illinois:

illegal to have sex on your wedding day if you’re fishing or hunting in Oblong

Indiana:

oral sex is banned

Iowa:

-5 min. time limit to make out

-a man in Ames cannot take more than three swallows of beer while holding his wife in his arms in bed

Kentucky:

can’t marry the same man three times in some Kentucky townships

Louisiana:

you can streak as long as you can prove to a court beyond a doubt that you had no "lascivious intent."

Maryland:

it’s illegal to smooch for more than 1 sec [yes, 1 second] in Halethorpe

Michigan:

-male drivers in Detroit are banned from “ogling” women

-illegal to serenade your girlfriend in Kalamazoo

Minnesota:

sleeping naked is illegal

illegal for men to have intimate sexual relationships with a live fish [although women, its perfectly legal]

Mississippi:

men cannot become sexually aroused in public

Nebraska:

couples sleeping at a hotel must wear the clean, cotton nightshirt provided by the hotel, even when they have sex

New Mexico:

couples in Carlsbad can have sex in their parked car during their lunch break, as long as the curtains are drawn

Nevada:

if you’re a member of the Nevada legislature, you cannot conduct business, while in session, wearing a penis costume

New York:

-women cannot be seen wearing "body hugging clothing."

-Women can go topless in public, unless it is for "business" reasons

North Carolina:

-it’s an offense to have sex in a graveyard

-If you’re unmarried and you and your lover register yourselves as a "Mr. and Mrs." when checking into a motel, then you’re legally considered husband and wife [bigamy, polygamy, the potential criminal consequences are endless]

Ohio:

anal intercourse is banned in Cincinnati

Oregon:

husbands in Willowdalecan are fined for talking dirty during intercourse, but their wives can say whatever they please

Tennessee:

women in Dyersburg cannot call a man for a date

Texas:

flirting is banned in San Antonio

Washington, D.C.:

sexual positions beyond missionary are illegal

Washington State:

sex with an animal is perfectly legal for men, as long as the animal weighs less than 40 pounds

Wisconsin:

illegal for a man to fire his gun in Connersville, when his lover reaches climax

Wyoming:

sex in a walk-in meat freezer is banned in Newcastle

Lucky, It is hard to prove a negative, and I do not dispute that this may be an urban or 10,000 lakes legend. I would love to see someone cite the statutes and the circumstances for a few of these. However, here are a few more to chew on.

http://general-law.knoji.com/strange-sex-laws-in-the-usa/

Strange Sex Laws in the USA

By Peaches Jones —Ranked #19 in General LawFOLLOW Strange sex laws in the United States

Strange Sex laws. The way in which humans choose to please themselves sexually can vary. As far as I am concerned: People can do whatever they want to in the privacy of their own walls as long as nobody gets hurt: If all parties are of legal age (participants and watchers), mentally sound, and verbally agree, then go for it.

Frankly I prefer a monogamous relationship with my husband. There are many sex acts that just aren’t acceptable, and some that I wouldn’t consider a sex act. With this in mind I just dug up some very strange and quiet humorous sex laws within the United States of America.

Let’s start with Florida, the state that I live in. You may not kiss your wife’s breast. Oral sex is illegal. It is considered an offense if you shower naked. Florida deals with its prostitution problem by giving prostitutes spending money, a five-year banishment, and a bus ticket out of town. (Usually to Washington, D. C.) When having sex, only the missionary position is legal. Unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence. Having sex with a porcupine is ILLEGAL! Don’t do it!

Next, let’s look at Utah. A Tremonton, Utah law states that no woman is allowed to have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance. In addition to normal charges, the woman's name will be published in the local newspaper. The man does not receive any punishment. Utah state legislation outlaws all sex with anyone but your spouse. Next to that adultery, oral and anal sex, masturbation are considered sodomy and can lead to imprisonment. Sex with an animal - unless performed for profit - however is not considered sodomy. Polygamy - provided only the missionary position has been applied - is only a misdemeanor.

Nevada is the next state. "It is illegal for any member of the Nevada legislature to conduct official business wearing a penis costume while the legislature is in session." In Nevada sex without a condom is considered illegal. In New York a fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

The last place is Washington D.C., I didn’t know that they had any laws there. The only acceptable sexual position in Washington D.C. is the missionary-style position. Any other sexual position is considered illegal. In the state of Washington there is a law against having sex with a virgin under any circumstances (including the wedding night). Well I sure hope that the police do not find me. When vacationing in any of the above states , please have sex with caution!

Aren't laws created out of fear? If that is so, I guess in Pennsylvania, there must have been a run on truckers having sex in toll booths. But it would appear that everything else is ok. I'm going out right now and look for a horny porcupine. In the midst of our blissful exercising, when he/she is having a well-deserved orgasm, I'll try to remember not to shoot my gun at the same time. I certainly don't want to wind up wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Archived