THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Best Value Tickets!

Atlantagaguy
This topic is 4472 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys I will go to NYC once or twice a year for a week. I have always bought my theater tickets at the Tkts Booth, I will usually walk up to the booth before they close and choose whatever they have available. Usually get really good tickets. My question is, is the tkts booth the best value for shows? I will see about six shows when I am in NYC.

Playbill.com and broadwaybox.com offer discounts in advance, and most often allow you to choose your seat as well. The discount may be about 40% instead of 50%, but no waiting in line is preferable for me.

Hey guys I will go to NYC once or twice a year for a week. I have always bought my theater tickets at the Tkts Booth, I will usually walk up to the booth before they close and choose whatever they have available. Usually get really good tickets. My question is, is the tkts booth the best value for shows? I will see about six shows when I am in NYC.

I used to swear by TKTS, but lately they have been a disappointment. Being that I would usually be getting 1 ticket, I often got that great single seat that was left in a row. The last two times I was in NYC that really wasn't the case. Since I often went to see musicals, last minute tickets weren't the best options. I've also decided that I'd rather be doing other things rather than stand in line at TKTS for a couple hours, though the "theater boys" who work the lines there are fun to chat up while standing in line. This last trip I bought tickets in advance from broadway.com for 2 shows, got fair prices and excellent seats. I also heard about discounts on BroadwayBox.com. Have not used it yet, but it looked like some great offers.

TKTS is one part of the Theater Development Fund's efforts to provide lower cost tickets to Broadway shows to a wider audience.

However, few know that for a low price membership fee you can get tickets online, for various future performances to many theatrical events in New York City through the TDF website. Now don't run off and get too exicted. There is an age requirement (I think it's 65+) for joining TDF. You can explore this option here:

http://www.tdf.org/

Tickets on the website are usually priced around $35 for Broadway shows, and lower for off-Broadway shows. Some classical events are also listed on the website.

Also, Goldstar events offers tickets to Boradway and off-Broadway shows, concerts, and other events around NYC. Tickets are about 50% off and there is a service fee. Info available at:

https://www.goldstar.com/signup

They also have a RedVelvet membership that provides better seating at events.

Worth a look.

As Lucky mentioned, Playbill.com, Broadway.com, and Theatermania.com all offer discounts for online and box office purchases.

ED

Playbill.com and broadwaybox.com offer discounts in advance, and most often allow you to choose your seat as well. The discount may be about 40% instead of 50%.

Lucky, Thanks much for this good advice...I've always used the TKTS Booth as well, but am often disappointed in their selection of available shows. It's great to know of these alternatives.

Archived