THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Montreal: June 2012

newatthis
This topic is 4474 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

... I did like Bobby even with his tattoos and penchant for hip-hop/rap music...
Oh, yeah, Bobby. Had a lot of fun with him in March, but didn't see him in June. He had a certain style and could carry on a conversation. Sorry I missed him.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Do you know if this is the same Mathieu who was dancing last year and before or is this a new Mathieu?...
I'm pretty sure it's the same Mathieu who was around pre-June. But there have been a lot of Mathieus at Campus and it's easy for me to get them confused.

I stopped by Campus for a while yesterday evening. It is a nice atmosphere. I was there from about 6:30 to 7:30. A good mix of guy from a couple of very lean short guy but mostly taller "swimmer" types as mentioned before. A few guys sat to chat with me for a couple of minutes including James and Tucker who I thought was very sexy. And a couple of the bigger older guys introduced themselves too but I was not interesting. There was a Mathieu, big guy, long hair, beard, very tan. Seemed like a very nice guy but not my type.

The $20 for a song there makes me be much more selective. I thought Marc was the cutest dancer and I like it when guys actually dance a little rather than stand and pose. But he was occupied by a guy at the bar the whole time I was there.

Will go back this evening if I have any energy. It's very hot up here at the moment during the day but evenings have been pleasant. Lots of folks sitting out at the cafes on St. Catherine. Saw an absolutely adorable host at one of the restaurants trying to attract customers. I got to watch him from the place across the street while waiting for my meal. Maybe 21 or 22, slim, skinny jeans, odd posture, great smile. I was in love. Will have to check it out tonight for dinner.

...I thought Marc was the cutest dancer...But he was occupied by a guy at the bar the whole time I was there.
Same thing happened the first afternoon I met Marc. He was standing between me and another patron at the bar. We had some good conversation for a minute or so; then he turned his back to me and focussed his attention exclusively on the other guy for a long time -- even though the other guy never took him to the back. When the other guy left, he turned back to me, shrugged, and said (as if in apology) "he paid me to spend time with him."

...Saw an absolutely adorable host at one of the restaurants trying to attract customers. I got to watch him from the place across the street while waiting for my meal. Maybe 21 or 22, slim, skinny jeans, odd posture, great smile. I was in love. Will have to check it out tonight for dinner.
Would that have been NüVü by any chance? There was definitely such a guy working for them a couple of weeks ago.

I didn't notice the name of the place. It is across the street from Lallouz (?) where I ate last night. He was dancing a bit to the music coming from the restaurant too. I just looked up NuVu in google and it could very well be the place.

I head back home on Sunday AM.

It's funny, I've probably mentioned this before, but is there a universal law that says in a strip club/gogo bar the only dancers who will approach you are the ones in whom you have little to no interest, while the ones you want to meet don't seem to even know you are there? It seems to be the case for me pretty much everywhere I have been (granted that's only here, Toronto and Thailand, but still...)

Turns out that yes, cute host boy is at NuVu. The menu didn't interest me as much as he did.

At Campus this evening I did a private dance with Tucker who was pretty good back there. Seems like a really good guy even though he's not exactly my type. Interestingly little Gianni came to fondle me...erm talk to me. If he didn't have the beard he'd be much more my type. He was asking me about the guys I like and I mentioned that I really though Marc was adorable. But the bear he was sitting with at the bar seems to have some sort of claim staked. (It's always a little bit sad to me to see a guy who is so smitten with a dancer like that, that he monopolize him and looks jealous when he's not there.) Gianni ended up mentioning to him that I wanted to meet him. He speaks pretty much no English apparently, and I speak even less French. But he was a lot of fun in the booths. He's very sensual. After I came back out he disappeared for a while and the bear seemed pretty upset.

Debating whether it's worth going down to Taboo, but will probably pop in there for a little while. It's not like I have much else to do. :-)

Break in the weather coming tomorrow apparently. So EZE you should have glorious weather here next week.

Hey fed. Sounds like you're having a great time. Im still working on the flights. United want over $2k to get to Montreal next week on the nonstop from Houston. That's a ridiculous price for economy class on a regional jet. I know I'm booking last minute....but still. Anyway I'll work something out...maybe using miles.

I have been pretty disappointed with Campus the last year or so....but now that I hear Brandon is back, I am so there next week. The last time I saw Brandon was about a year ago a frankly he seemed pretty down and somewhat depressed. I think he needed some time away.

Like you said, I did hear the weather was going to break....so it should be glorious. It's funny...I like Montreal in the summer but also in the winter when it's cold and snowy.

Have a great time during the rest of your trip!

Taboo was another bust for me. I guess they have done away with the Friday night table cloths thing. It was business as usual.

I don't know how most of those guys make any money at all since they never talk to any/many customers. And several of them spend most of their time outside. But it was still fun people watching. I like to treat it as a sociology field trip. Several very cute dancers there tonight. One kid Etienne is very cute with reddish hair and puts a lot into his dancing. He was occupied with a guy who looks exactly like a guy I used to see all the time at Remington's when I was going to TO several times a year. He was my nemesis because we both had the same taste. Could have been the same guy. A couple of other very young looking guys including Derrick (?)...skinny, short-ish, short dark hair. He was one of the gaggle spending all their time outside. Another young looking guy who had just a little baby fat but an adorable face whose name escapes me...he was also very short. And there was a tall skinny guy in an adidas track suit named Michael who I thought was very hot. He put on a good show on-stage.

I think tomorrow might as well pop in to Stock just for the heck of it.

Flights to here are usually insanely priced. Or actually I think it is the return portion that originates in Montreal that adds most to the cost. You can book one way awards on UA so you might want to price a one way from IAH to YUL and then see if you can use miles for the return. I actually did it the other way around this trip. Booked DCA-YUL using miles (on AC) and I am paying cash for the return...first class for about $550 routed via ORD so at least I can collect a nice bunch of miles for the trouble. I booked an award for late August for just 20K miles roundtrip plus $60 in taxes.

I have found flights from MIA to YUL can be quite cost effective.....but of course one needs to get to MIA first. Anyway, I did manage to book a trip to YUL for next week. I have to go via Las Vegas.....so I'll spend Monday night in Vegas and then onto YUL on Tuesday. I have not been to Vegas in a while, so it should be fun. Maybe I'll hire Mike Buffalari or angel Diablo. Yeah I tend to favour the big masculine types.

Have a great time on your last day!!

Taboo was another bust for me...

Feds, Thanks for your report on Taboo. I was interested in hearing how others found Taboo after my visit to Mtl in early June.

If anyone should be visiting Mtl this week could you stop in at JP's and see what's going on. I heard that manager JP is no longer working there. If possible, could someone confirm this. Thanks.

Coop

Taboo was another bust for me...I don't know how most of those guys make any money at all since they never talk to any/many customers...
Sometimes you have to (metaphorically) take them by the hair and drag them to your table. A friend of mine is an expert at this. He just walks up to the twink he's interested in (it's almost always young twinks who behave that way) and says "come over and sit with me" or "I'd like to get to know you better" (or so I imagine; I've never actually heard what he says), and lo and behold, there they are at our table. At Taboo, you're only putting yourself at risk for $10 (with that opening line, you're pretty much promising a trip to the back)...I'd be much more cautious at Campus, where the tariff is double.

...is there a universal law that says in a strip club/gogo bar the only dancers who will approach you are the ones in whom you have little to no interest, while the ones you want to meet don't seem to even know you are there?...
Often true, but not at Campus during my most recent visit. The dancers were almost all good at circulating and chatting up customers in a pleasant way.

...Turns out that yes, cute host boy is at NuVu. The menu didn't interest me as much as he did.
I've been impressed with the food there, and I like the "trendy" menu, decor, and general atmosphere. It reminds me of the W Hollywood, aimed at a stylish young set that I was never a part of (even when I was young :)) -- but fun to peek in at, so to speak.

Yeah, I just have a thing about having to work too hard when it is supposed to be the other way around. And I have saved a ton of money on this trip as a result! I don't see it as my job to train them. And I guess maybe I am not that horny or something. :-)

I do agree the Campus guys are a little better, but they also seem to get engrossed with one guy at the bar and never leave his side. I didn't notice too many going to the back though which is why it baffles me to a degree. I stopped in there again this evening and the universal rule held true. This guy Gabriel did chat with me for a while. Super sweet guy and fun to talk to but not really my physical type. He said he had been striking out like that all day and couldn't figure out why. I wasn't interested in giving him a pity dance.

I did stop in at Stock for a while on my way home. I like the bar, but it almost seems too big. Nice decor though. And there's a pretty good mix of guys. Unfortunately yet again the only guys who imposed themselves on me were guys I had no interest in. A couple of guys who are here from Miami were pretty pushy. There is an absolutely adorable Asian guy working there. Unfortunately he was occupied with other guys the whole time I was there, so this rice queen saved even more money. :-) He is one that I would have gone after but I always feel a bit awkward about interrupting when he is conversing with some one else. I would have stuck around the pursue him a bit but I have to leave for the airport around 8:30. But it's not all giant muscle guys there even though there are a bunch of them. Plenty of more swimmer's build type of guys though.

Archived