THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Dumb Canadian murderer

Unicorn
This topic is 4479 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://p.twimg.com/Avd6ehSCQAEQdhV.jpg

The man wanted in connection with a deadly armoured-car heist at the University of Alberta had over $330,000 in cash in his vehicle when he was arrested at a U.S. border crossing adjoining British Columbia, U.S. border officers say.

Travis Baumgartner, 21, was stopped at the border crossing in Lynden, Wash., near the U.S.-Canada border southwest of Abbotsford, B.C., Edmonton police said Saturday. Border security was alerted when his licence plate was scanned by an automated system and set off an alarm warning officers that he was considered armed and dangerous.

Baumgartner had an Alberta's driver's licence but no passport when he hit the border crossing, said Tom Schreiber with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Travis Baumgartner, who had been sought in what police termed an 'international manhunt,' was arrested Saturday. (Plenty of Fish)

"Sometimes you have to scratch your head and wonder why people would knowingly come up and make contact with law enforcement," Schreiber said. "Maybe he thought he would be able to get through — I don't know."

How stupid can one be? There's no fence between Canada and the U.S., so he could have just ditched the car and walked across at some place other than an official border crossing! Apparently this doofus describes himself as a "10" on his blog, but I wouldn't give him more than a 7.5. I don't know if they'll give a multiple murderer a life sentence in Alberta, but he should probably be off the streets for good.

http://www.newstalk650.com/sites/default/files/news-image/TravisBaumgartner-%20person%20of%20interest%20in%20U%20of%20Alberta%20shootings%20-%20Edmonton%20Police-%20june%2015%202012.jpg

I saw the article this morning and thought this mugshot of him (I think from an earlier arrest) was not bad-looking....didn't post it as I didn't want to get flamed, but here it is....

http://www.newstalk650.com/sites/default/files/news-image/TravisBaumgartner-%20person%20of%20interest%20in%20U%20of%20Alberta%20shootings%20-%20Edmonton%20Police-%20june%2015%202012.jpg

I saw the article this morning and thought this mugshot of him (I think from an earlier arrest) was not bad-looking....didn't post it as I didn't want to get flamed, but here it is....

I agree AZDR...not bad looking, I think he would clean up rather nicely. But Good Lord...to think that you could actually meet someone like that in a bar and go home with them never realizing what he is capable of. I think about that sort of stuff all the time when you are hooking up with strangers.

Given his propensity to kill and care less about the consequences? Doubt if he will be in any position to "bottom"

in prison. (No pun intended and apologise for that one :( ) Don't know how Canadian prisons work but in the good old USA he most likely would end up in the wing where contact, of any kind, with other prisoners would be next to none.

Agree with bgval---scary, scary, scary what's walking around out there and might seem tempting. Beware!!

I agree with bigvalboy, these guys look like just the kind of guy I'd love to meet, buy supper for and rent him as well. Yet, the more we read of these scary guys, the more I realize that guys next door can be murders, sadists and worse. Frightening.

Archived