THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

"Toger" for your Cuban holiday

robberbaron4u
This topic is 4509 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Are you saying he now has "boys for hire and manages them, or are you saying he will come out of retirement for the right price? Or something else entirely ???

I regret my "slowness" but I'm coming off a long weekend. :cool:

In the course of my last sojourn, I had the pleasure of the company of a college-educated thirty-something lad who was comparable to Antoinio Sabato Jr. in his physical appearance at an "all-inclusive rate" per diem rate of $100. Mario Lopez "look-a-likes" are readily available to "trick" for the price of drink, a package of cigarettes and $50.

In the course of my last sojourn, I had the pleasure of the company of a college-educated thirty-something lad who was comparable to Antoinio Sabato Jr. in his physical appearance at an "all-inclusive rate" per diem rate of $100. Mario Lopez "look-a-likes" are readily available to "trick" for the price of drink, a package of cigarettes and $50.

Is this activity legal, overlooked by the government because it brings in revenue, or actively discouraged?

"Homosexual acts" and, indeed, "prositution" in general, are prohibited by law; with particular regard to homosexuality, law enforcement officers tend to "look the other way" unless the gayity is "overt".

How can it be that "homosexual acts" are "prohibited by law" when Raul Castro's daughter was in San Francisco last week "promoting" and "encouraging" GLBT rights in our country?

Are they illegal in Cuba but they encourage them elsewhere? I am confused....

How can it be that "homosexual acts" are "prohibited by law" when Raul Castro's daughter was in San Francisco last week "promoting" and "encouraging" GLBT rights in our country?

Are they illegal in Cuba but they encourage them elsewhere? I am confused....

I was inquiring specifically about paid sex. It's often treated differently legally from free sex.

That the lady was in San Francisco, not Havana, promoting and encouraging gay rights answers your question.

Exactly! Castro had homosexuals locked up since early in his so called revolution. He also, on a totally different subject, had HIV positive people locked up in camps so they could not mingle with the rest of the population. I cannot believe the gall of someone like Raul Castro's daughter, the supposed appointed president of a country, having to travel outside her own to espouse human rights for others.Pity she can't do the same at home.

Exactly! Castro had homosexuals locked up since early in his so called revolution. He also, on a totally different subject, had HIV positive people locked up in camps so they could not mingle with the rest of the population. I cannot believe the gall of someone like Raul Castro's daughter, the supposed appointed president of a country, having to travel outside her own to espouse human rights for others.Pity she can't do the same at home.

That was then. Fidel Castro has apologized, and non-commercial same-sex relationships are now legal (but not legally recognized). Not much different from parts of the US.

And what do you mean by "supposed" appointed president?

That was then. Fidel Castro has apologized, and non-commercial same-sex relationships are now legal (but not legally recognized). Not much different from parts of the US.

And what do you mean by "supposed" appointed president?

"Supposed appointed president" is Raul Castro.

His brother, Fidel, "apologized" recently, I question his motives and his genuine feelings.

"Supposed appointed president" is Raul Castro.

He's the actual appointed president. Or rather, the elected president, having been voted into office by a group of people approximately the same size as the group that elects the president of the United States.

Whether the election was rigged is a different question. But the election was pro forma legitimate.

His brother, Fidel, "apologized" recently, I question his motives and his genuine feelings.

Could he do anything to convince you otherwise? Or is this a quasi-religious belief unrelated to events?

... I cannot believe the gall of someone like Raul Castro's daughter, the supposed appointed president of a country, having to travel outside her own to espouse human rights for others.Pity she can't do the same at home.

But apparently Mariel Castro Espin DOES DO the same at home in Cuba both unofficially and through her work in the Center for Sex Education.

As Rguer pointed out the situation in Cuba has changed. That Cuba AND the USA both had laws criminalizing homosexuality and both persecuted many LGBTQ persons is sad and historically important but less important than were we are both going.

I am very very happy that things have changed in Cuba and that homosexuality has been legal since 1979. Whatever ulterior motives might exist, it seems a good thing that Fidel Castro admitted that earlier persecution of homosexuality was a "great injustice". I see no reason to fault him for accepting responsibilty and saying "If anyone is responsible, it's me".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/americas/fidel-castro-takes-blame-for-1960s-gay-persecution/article1691613/

The interview in La Jornada:

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/2010/08/31/index.php?section=mundo&article=026e1mun

Archived