THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

12 Angry Men

edjames
This topic is 4527 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Twelve Angry Men is drama concerning a jury of a homicide trial. At the beginning, they have a nearly unanimous decision of guilty, with a single dissenter of not-guilty, who throughout the play sows a seed of reasonable doubt. It was first made as a 1954 teleplay by Reginald Rose for the Studio One anthology television series. Initially staged as a CBS live production on 20 September 1954. The drama was later rewritten for the stage in 1955 under the same title.

It was made into a highly successful film starring Henry Fonda, Lee J Cobb, EG Marshall, Martin Balsam, Jack Klugman, and others in 1957. Since then it has been adapted, and remade numerous times.

Alas, this is not one of those memorable times. Currently running at the Roy Arias Theater off-off-off- Broadway on the 5th floor of a theatrical space building just off Eighth Avenue, the only saving grace of this production is the script.

The cast is made up of younger actors whose theatrical inexperience and lack of good direction in a small space are quite evident. One handsome actor kept stumbling over his lines repeatedly! The rest make a mediocre attempt at filling the shoes of some very talented predecessors.

This is a small budget production in a small uncomfortable theater. I had an extremely discounted seat and it provided some level of diversion on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon.

ED

I'll bet that there were more than 12 angry men in that theater! The producers! :)

I'd say they are blissfully unaware. I can't say with any certainty if the house was "Papered" (free tickets) and how much was discounted but it was about 85% full, so I'm sure they are happy to have the producting credit.

In a moment of sheer idiocy, one of the discount brokers is advertising the show as the "ALL MALE VERSION OF CLASSIC COURTROOM DRAMA", When wasn't it?

ED

Archived