THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Pffft

This topic is 4540 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta love those clients who cancel an hour before an appointment "because they have to go into a business meeting" that apparently involves a Manhunt profile with the exact same name and description you gave me.

Look at the bright side, it was an hour. Coulda been 5 minutes.....

Look at the bright side, it was an hour. Coulda been 5 minutes.....

Well it was no surprise per se—he was supposed to confirm with me this morning (insert sound of crickets here), and didn't bother. Plus his contact domain was AOL, which over the past couple of years has proven to be the equivalent of Thousand Island Dressing.

Well it was no surprise per se—he was supposed to confirm with me this morning (insert sound of crickets here), and didn't bother. Plus his contact domain was AOL, which over the past couple of years has proven to be the equivalent of Thousand Island Dressing.

Well then, see. In your gut you kind of expected it, and if his behaviour is habitual, cut him off. Many discussions about this issue here. PLEASE dont turn into Joey ! It will crush my fantasy of you. :D

Well then, see. In your gut you kind of expected it, and if his behaviour is habitual, cut him off. Many discussions about this issue here. PLEASE dont turn into Joey ! It will crush my fantasy of you. :D

No, he won't get the opportunity to be "habitual," since I'll never answer his email again.

I'm being completely stupid here. I understand AOL has its drawbacks, but I don't get the Thousand Island Dressing metaphor, even when I'm inside the box.

Funny you say that...I have gotten several email replies from AOL as well lately. People didn't respond. So for the ones who left phone #, I texted them asking if they received the email. They didn't. Apparently my email would wind up as spam.

I was able to meet a client last weekend after contacting him by phone, because my initial email went to his AOL spam. Moral of the story: get rid of AOL and yahoo! Gmail and HotMail or Windows Live Mail is the better option. Actually, the new yahoo isn't so bad...

I've made a new policy of only answering emails that contain a phone number and description. Too many emails being sent to me being unanswered. They just have a city/location and a name but no description.

I'm being completely stupid here. I understand AOL has its drawbacks, but I don't get the Thousand Island Dressing metaphor, even when I'm inside the box.

Gall, i too pondered that remark and came to the conclusion Max was just feeling like having a salad at that moment ! And THAT thought satisfied my curiousity.

I think some people look down their noses at Thousand islands dressing - we're supposed to prefer Blue Cheese or Balsamic Vinaigrette. :)

I take it that the clients here were all born with silver spoon in their mouths and never had to polish them.

That may apply to some clients, but certainly not all of us. I grew up quite poor. We couldn't afford Thousand Island dressing. We had to make our own by mixing mayonaisse, ketchup, and diced pickles. Not surprisingly, I've never been a fan of Thousand Island dressing as an adult.

I assumed the comment meant that Max thought Thousand Island dressing was rare or hard to find these days -- like people who still use AOL.

I think some people look down their noses at Thousand islands dressing - we're supposed to prefer Blue Cheese or Balsamic Vinaigrette. :)

I have been promoted up the food chain. I buy my balsamic vinaigrette for less than 2 bucks a bottle. I didn't know I was hobnobbing with the uppercrust. hehehe....

That may apply to some clients, but certainly not all of us. I grew up quite poor. We couldn't afford Thousand Island dressing. We had to make our own by mixing mayonaisse, ketchup, and diced pickles. Not surprisingly, I've never been a fan of Thousand Island dressing as an adult.

I assumed the comment meant that Max thought Thousand Island dressing was rare or hard to find these days -- like people who still use AOL.

If you've ever waited tables, you'll start judging people by what they order (and no, I'm not saying it's right—it just happens). It's like the customer who goes into the steakhouse and orders the $45 Porterhouse with a side of ketchup. Thousand Island is essentially a mix of mayo, ketchup and pickles posing as a salad dressing.

If you've ever waited tables, you'll start judging people by what they order (and no, I'm not saying it's right—it just happens). It's like the customer who goes into the steakhouse and orders the $45 Porterhouse with a side of ketchup. Thousand Island is essentially a mix of mayo, ketchup and pickles posing as a salad dressing.

Well there was a comment on another thread about Peter Lugers, a 5+ star steakhouse which I have dined at (but didnt pay for), and a steak is about $100, and YES Max, I did put Ketsup on it, although it WAS Heinz and not Hunts....:eek:

Well there was a comment on another thread about Peter Lugers, a 5+ star steakhouse which I have dined at (but didnt pay for), and a steak is about $100, and YES Max, I did put Ketsup on it, although it WAS Heinz and not Hunts....:eek:

I LOVE ketchup on any cut of steak. Heinz or Hunts. Doesn't matter but please bring me the whole bottle. Not just a tablespoon in a cute little cup. I also get a reaction from the waiter when I say I want it well done.

Ketchup on a steak can be forgiven but please tell me that you draw the line at putting ketchup (Heinz or Hunts) on a hot dog? It is a sin to do that as was pointed out in another thread a few weeks ago.

Ketchup on a steak can be forgiven but please tell me that you draw the line at putting ketchup (Heinz or Hunts) on a hot dog? It is a sin to do that as was pointed out in another thread a few weeks ago.

For the risk of getting blamed for hijacking this thread, HELL NO, not on weiners. Weiners is a MUSTARD only thing. But "natural" weiners I eat Raw and undressed....:o

For the risk of getting blamed for hijacking this thread, HELL NO, not on weiners. Weiners is a MUSTARD only thing. But "natural" weiners I eat Raw and undressed....:o

It depends on the quality—if it's a skin-casing Vienna or Nathan's or something similar, then it's mustard. If it's something lesser, then it's mustard/ketchup/relish. And not that weird teal-blue relish bullshit either.

:rolleyes:

It depends on the quality—if it's a skin-casing Vienna or Nathan's or something similar, then it's mustard. If it's something lesser, then it's mustard/ketchup/relish. And not that weird teal-blue relish bullshit either.

I prefer SKIN on ALL my weiners, but I have been known to submit to a skin-less footlong :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah. Hold on just a minute. I just need to make sure I understand. It's okay to put ketchup on an expensive steak but not on a 50¢ hotdog? I don't generally judge a person by condiment choices no matter how different those choices may be from my own, but I cannot understand someone who likes ketchup enough to put it on steak but is horrified at the thought of said ketchup on a hotdog.

oh no

great! now i'm being judged on what dressing I use at the table. It's okay though...I can cope with this.

So Maxwell, if I use Catalina dressing or Ranch dressing..is that acceptable then?

:rolleyes:

gcursor

Archived