THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Venus In Fur

edjames
This topic is 4525 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Went back in the thread list and couldn’t find any previous mention of this production, so forgive me if I bring it up again.

This show with the amazing Nina Arianda and Hugh Dancy demands to be seen. The script is not perfect and there are some tedious moments in it, but the insanely talented Ms. Arianda and Mr. Dancy provide enough laughs and drama to make this a "must see". (Hugh Dancy is nice eye candy, too!)

The story of a stormy night in NYC at the end of a long and arduous day of auditioning all the wrong actress for the leading role in his production, writer/director Hugh Dancy is about to leave when the door opens and the manic Ms Arianda enters to a relentless string of "fu*ks" complaining about everything from the train ride to the stormy weather. She manages to convince Mr. Dancy to read with her for the starring role and the roles of the play and those of the actress and director begin to collide. An S&M scene between the two ends the show.

The show runs about 90 minutes with no intermission. Discounted tickets are available. Nina will surely be Tony nominated.

ED

• 1 month later...

Nominated for 2 Tony's: Best Play and Best Actress, Nina Arianda.. An outstanding cast of two... Never a dull moment in this hot and sexy play... A well written script that's perfectly delivered... It's not your typical play and I can't say everyone is going to like it but, if you enjoy good acting, you'll find it here.

Archived