THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Met: Aida 3/3/2012 Latonia Moore

whipped guy
This topic is 4591 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Met: Aida 3/3/12 Latonia Moore

Did anyone listen to the broadcast or see Aida live in the house this past Saturday? A singer named Latonia Moore stepped in for an ailing Violeta Urmana and made quite a splash in her MET debut. I was listening, but the phone rang during "Ritorna vincitor" so I totally missed it, but did notice quite a bit of applause after the aria. In addition the announcers kept speaking about standing ovations after both acts 2 and 4. What I heard via a not so strong FM signal sounded quite good. I did note a bit of strain on the topmost note of "O patria mia"... but other than that it seemed reasonably impressive. Plus, she seems to have a genial personality based on her backstage interview. Tenor Marcello Giordani, in contrast sounded a bit strained, but then again he has always sounded better live to my ears. I think he needs an acoustical setting to hear the overtones that his voice has to offer.

If anyone can give some insight it would be appreciated. Is she the real deal?

Archived