THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Book of Mormon Tour

Lucky
This topic is 4605 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The tour opens in Denver, where it is reportedly already sold out. It will be in Los Angeles for a longer run, but at the ticket prices I am seeing I cannot envision a sell-out! Prime orchestra seats, Section A, are priced at $520...for a Sunday matinee! That's the center front orchestra. Side B, which is more on the sides, goes for $386, with the back of the orchestra at $273.

Front mezzanine is $289, and rear mezz is $217. The prices are the same on a Saturday night.

I'll pass.

Now, on to New York. There, ticket prices for Book of Mormon are...well, zero. That's because there are none! Best you can get right now, unless, of course,price does not matter, are the following hints:

Ticket Buying Tips:

For single tickets check dates beginning June 6th , 2012

For pairs of regular tickets on weekdays, check dates beginning October 16th , 2012.

For pairs of regular tickets on weekends, check dates beginning January 4th, 2013.

Select premium tickets may be available on the week of performances.

For Premium seating for future performances check dates beginning April 8th , 2012

For American Express seating for future performances check dates beginning April 8th , 2012

Hell Lucky those prices are unbelieveable. What is the big deal????? For those prices I can "almost" get the best seats ($750.00) at the Stables Center for Madonna.

At the Stables Center? Is Madonna becoming a jockey? :) The Book of Mormon is sold out in New York and Denver, and in SF you have to buy a five-show package to get to see it. So, I think this is the revenge of the Mormons, no?

deej, you need a new computer. I got the prices from the Pantages website. I hope they are just test dummy prices...

Here is the link I used: http://www.pantages-theater.com/pantages_theater_los_angeles.php

And here is a pricing option for a random Sunday matinee:

http://www.pantages-theater.com/tickets.php?eventID=1810516&eventName=The%20Book%20Of%20Mormon&edate=2012-09-23T13:00:00&venueMap=http://seatics.tickettransaction.com/PantagesTheatre_EndStage-Zone-Zp_2011-11-17_2011-12-02_1015_tn.gif

I know this show has been very successful on broadway but I know very little about it. I am particularly interested if the Mormon church was involved in it's production or funding in any way.

Dude, it was written by Matt Stone and Trey Parker -- the guys who write "Southpark". They did have input from recovering Mormons, but it's mostly the Southpark guys at their best. It's about as irreverent (and profane) as it can get, yet in the end it's actually a story about well-meaning people doing good things.

It's an excellent show, in the model of the traditional Broadway musical. You can glean pretty much all of the show's plot from listening to the soundtrack.

(There's a bootleg video floating around the torrents, too.)

Dude, it was written by Matt Stone and Trey Parker -- the guys who write "Southpark". They did have input from recovering Mormons, but it's mostly the Southpark guys at their best. It's about as irreverent (and profane) as it can get, yet in the end it's actually a story about well-meaning people doing too.)

Oh....in that case, I like it already! Thanks for the info deej. I was afraid the cult itself was involved in some way. I really have to get to New York sometime soon!

Two words.....OFF BROADWAY.

Seriously, there's no fucking way I'm paying those prices to see a show.

Went Off Broadway last week and saw a kick ass theater production with excellent seats....for $25.

New York is still the theater capital of the world....unfortunately it has nothing to do with the crap we're selling tourists on "Broadway".

Oh....in that case, I like it already! Thanks for the info deej. I was afraid the cult itself was involved in some way. I really have to get to New York sometime soon!

Seriously. Listen to the soundtrack. It's worth buying because it's wildly entertaining.

Two by two, we're marching door to door.

Cause God likes Mormons and he wants some more. (clap!)

As soundtracks go, it's probably the best I've heard in the last 15 years (and the one I've laughed at the most), and it tells most of the story.

I know this show has been very successful on broadway but I know very little about it. I am particularly interested if the Mormon church was involved in it's production or funding in any way.

This musical is NOT a positive representation of Mormonisn (although it is probably very accurate). The Mormon Church has tried to distance itself from this production. There is no way in hell they are involved in the production or behind-the-scenes funding.

I'm so glad I saw this show in the early days for half price. I'm also the only one in the world who didn't like it apparently. I'm not a Mormon and I wasn't shocked or offended. I thought it was rather bland and silly.

And I have heard this over and over from others.

Archived