THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Dane and Romann

dapurplebear
This topic is 4621 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Damn - I am surprised and I am the first to comment on this!

What an awesome combo and that Dane is topping - Romann too -- hot...

Chicago just got a whole lot warmer... :)

Romann I know first hand - Dane - we have never been able to work it out -- now I have to make the trip!

congrats to all!

Of course my favorite portion of the review concerned the flogger... and Romann's is the perfect size... 18 inches... and yes I did measure it... his flogger that is. Also, it has a nice weight and feel to it... not to mention a fine sting... so it is a pleasure not only to use it, but to be abused by it as well!

As for Dane... never met him, but he has always intrigued me...

Heck! Chicago is way more than a "Toddlin' Town" these days!

Yes a very hot review of three very fun men. Congratulations to Dane, Roman and AugustClipper.

... the perfect size... 18 inches... and yes I did measure it...

You size queen!

Actually an 18 inch fall is nice but a bit short for a lot of work and to long for some use.

A serious practitioner will of course want a variety of lengths, weights and materials.

Also maybe a pair of balanced ones for florentine flogging.

Though most of my floggers are made of leather I make and use some made of rope, rubber, plastic, horsehair, etc. And of course they have varying amounts of strands and the individual strands have varying weights and widths along with the fact that simply the shape of the ends will vary the sensation from sting to thud tremendously. Add in some knots and you have a huge amount of variables with which to have fun.

As usual Raul is right!

However, I personally consider 18 inches to be the perfect compromise size and especially for use in a smaller room. Indeed a recent conversation with the personnel at the Leatherman in NYC revealed that 18 inches was the size most purchased to for use in small New York apartments. As for myself, I have two traditional leather floggers with wider strands; one is 24 inches and the other 12 inches. My 18 inch flogger has thinner leather strands and delivers a more stinging sensation. Incidentally, Romann's 18 incher referenced above is made of leather that is a bit heavier than the leather strands on my floggers so for me it has a completely different feel to it… both on the giving and receiving end. I found that it took less force to deliver an adequate blow compared to my lighter weight gear. One therefore needs to be familiar with the equipment that they are using to be able to act in a safe and sane manner.

In addition, it is interesting to compare the different types of leather (elk, deer, cow, etc.) and how they can deliver a different experience … and with all other factors being more or less equal. However, that is the advanced course! Of course, as Raul rightfully mentions plastic, rubber, horse hair, and other materials all have a unique feel as well.

I have seen some of Raul’s creations and they are indeed works of art in addition to being quite functional! Plus, he certainly knows how to creatively make use of his creativity!

I have seen some of Raul’s creations and they are indeed works of art in addition to being quite functional! Plus, he certainly knows how to creatively make use of his creativity!

As great as this review was, I kept wondering how even better the experience might have been if Raul had been there to be ringmaster. (Ooops! My fantasies just over flowed again!)

As great as this review was, I kept wondering how even better the experience might have been if Raul had been there to be ringmaster.
Ironic that you use the term "ringmaster" as in fact Raul was referred to as being the “Master of Ceremonies” in the "triple review" from a while back… as he definitely knew how to mastermind and organize a great experience and then some! A true Maestro!

(Ooops! My fantasies just over flowed again!)
May your fantasy cup runneth over... and over!

Archived