THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Clybourne Park Production At Risk

Lucky
This topic is 4617 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A fight between the producer Scott Rudin and the proposed actor in his new TV series threatens the April 12th opening of Clybourne Park on Broadway. Scott Rudin has pulled out as a producer of the show after the director, Bruce Norris, declined to act in Rudin's upcoming TV show based on the novel The Corrections. The lack of money that Rudin would bring in means that Clybourne Park may not open at all.

The story is discussed here: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/01/broadway-run-for-clybourne-park-in-jeopardy/?hpw

Clybourne Park, a 2011 Pulitzer Prize winner, is now playing at the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles, where I have decided I had best see it rather than on Broadway, where I prefer to see it! The Broadway experience is always better than the Mark Taper experience.

A fight between the producer Scott Rudin and the proposed actor in his new TV series threatens the April 12th opening of Clybourne Park on Broadway. Scott Rudin has pulled out as a producer of the show after the director, Bruce Norris, declined to act in Rudin's upcoming TV show based on the novel The Corrections. The lack of money that Rudin would bring in means that Clybourne Park may not open at all.

The story is discussed here: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/01/broadway-run-for-clybourne-park-in-jeopardy/?hpw

Clybourne Park, a 2011 Pulitzer Prize winner, is now playing at the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles, where I have decided I had best see it rather than on Broadway, where I prefer to see it! The Broadway experience is always better than the Mark Taper experience.

Is this a new production, or a transfer of the Steppenwolf production?

I don't know, but Wikipedia lists the following performance venues for it:

The premiere took place on February 2010 at Playwrights Horizons in New York featuring Tony Award winner Frank Wood, Emmy nominee Annie Parisse, Obie Award winner Jeremy Shamos, Crystal A. Dickinson, Brendan Griffin, Damon Gupton and Christina Kirk.[1]

The UK premiere took place in August 2010 at the Royal Court Theatre in London directed by the artistic director of the theatre Dominic Cooke starring Sophie Thompson, Martin Freeman, Lorna Brown, Sarah Goldberg, Michael Goldsmith, Lucian Msamati, Sam Spruell and Steffan Rhodri.[10]

It then transferred to Wyndham's Theatre in the West End with most of the original cast with the exceptions of Martin Freeman who was replaced by Stephen Campbell Moore and Steffan Rhodri who was replaced by Stuart McQuarrie.[11]

In October/Nov 2011 the play was in residence with the Trinity Repertory Company in Providence, RI.

HOWEVER, checking further, I see that AUTHOR Bruce Norris is listed in the Steppenwolf production as the writer, and he is, of course, the author of the play we are talking about here.

So the answer to your question seems to be yes, but begs to ask why it is not listed in Wikipedia.

Archived